[aw] where pilgrims disappear
[html]<style>#sieLoc td {vertical-align:top; text-align:center; padding:3px; font-size:11px; }
#sieLoc td.header { font-size:15px; }
#sieLoc #location{background-image:url('http://www.soulsrpg.com/images/BSMapPixels_subterr.jpg'); width:100px;height:100px;border:1px solid #000000;background-position:49% 32%;}
#sieLoc #pushpin{position:relative;left:45px;top:45px;}</style>

Setting Location Form NPCs

Date: 7 July* (Backdated)

Weather: Overcast, warm, damp

Time: Early afternoon
Optime

(658) Most of this post don't matter. >> Last paragraph is important part, skip the rest.

Myrika is by Bobbi!

The redhead leaned against the fence of the Great Village's horse corral, her eyes dreamy and far-off. She was watching the new colt leap and bound around the enclosure with his mother. Though only a few days old, he was already proving energetic and capable. It would be a long, long time before Myrika was able to ride him, but she soon planned to have him begin spending time around Cahal and other horses than his mother. Farai would be his first introduction to another equine, she thought -- the donkey was well-accustomed to other horses and would prove a good first companion.

A shove at her shoulder brought Myri out of her thoughts rather abruptly, and she peered wide-eyed toward Kaena. You haven't been listening to me at all, the old woman accused, squinting that one golden-yellow eye and sporting something akin to a grimace. It was difficult to tell, through all of the scar tissue, and Myrika frowned, shaking her head.

No, she admitted. I was thinking about Mili. Her grandmother's grimace seemed to deepen, and the old woman jabbed a finger into the flesh of Myri's upper arm, hard enough to cause the tawny coyote to recoil. She took a step back, rubbing her arm and trying her own grimace on for size. Had she prodded and poked Gabriel and Ezekiel in such a manner?

You, the old woman said, jabbing a finger into her shoulder. Need a chaos star. The redhead was not entirely opposed to the idea, but she hadn't the faintest idea where to place it, and resented her grandmother's insistence just enough to offer up some resistance. She rolled her turquoise eyes and turned back toward the horses, hiding her grin from the old woman. You are the Lykoi leader of Inferni and those who came before you had it. It's necessary, now more than ever, the old woman was saying, though she trailed off as Myri turned her face away.

Sorry, grandma, but I'm the Aquila and I'll decide if and when I want one, Myri said, keeping her voice even and flat as she could. The sharp intake of breath told of the old woman's shock, and Myrika held her composure a moment longer, delaying the punchline just enough for a bit of petty vengeance. This was far from the first time they'd covered this subject and Myrika had acquiesced to the old woman some time ago -- though she hadn't seen fit to inform Kaena that as of yet. She turned toward the old woman and smiled a jester's smile. Kaena understood after a moment, and her scowl returned, replacing the blank look that must have passed for shock.

Terrible girl, she cried, extending her finger to prod at Myri again. This time, the woman brushed the old woman's hand aside, holding onto it for a moment as she spoke.

I'll do it, she promised. You'll be the one to do it, she added, letting the old woman's hand drop. In my own time, and where I want, she clarified upon recognizing the Evocati's glee. This didn't temper Kaena's happiness much, though, and the redhead felt a little bit of dread. She didn't know just how steady the old woman's hands were anymore -- it wouldn't do to have a smudged, blurry image of the star, after all.

I will, Kaena agreed. At least her voice was solemn enough. Thank you, she obliged, sounding gruff and begrudging. Myri knew better, of course, and smiled at her grandmother as she retreated back to the schoolhouse, perhaps seeing to Halo or one of the children. Myri's gaze returned to her horses, and she called to Mili, sticking her long arm over the fence as the bay colt romped over toward her with his spindly legs.

<style>
#myrikaBobbi {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size:12px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p:first-letter {
font-size:65px;
display:block;
float:left;
margin:5px;
}
#myrikaBobbi p.sieImage + p { text-indent:0; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#myrikaBobbi .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myrikaBobbi b { letter-spacing:-.5px; }
#myrikaBobbi u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myrikaBobbi b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myrikaBobbi b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread