[aw] where pilgrims disappear
[html]

(324)

Myrika is by me!

Though Myrika had never seen herself as a leader, she had been immediately comfortable with the idea. It was less an awakening of some slumbering desire than simple knowledge that she was, in all likelihood, willing and well-suited for it. At least, in some capacity. While she didn't doubt her abilities to think, thinking like a leader was a different beast entirely. There were also parts of leading this clan she might never be fully capable of: the Aquila was a commander, a war-leader and general as much as source of authority.

I know, she said, smiling a little reassuring thing toward him. It hurts to feel like you aren't wanted. She spoke from experience -- her mother had left her behind. Perhaps if Myrika had better memories of the woman, this loss would resonate stronger within her life. It was a momentarily sobering thought -- Max's friend and mentor was given more mourning than Myrika had given to her own mother. Perhaps she had mourned as a child, and she simply could not remember it? Quickly enough, the redhead continued, having paused only a moment as the thought struck her and passed.

You don't have to do anything. I guess you can go chasing after him, but... he might not want that, and if you go after him and he turns you away, it'll hurt worse. Kaena said he'd return -- she says most return eventually -- and if he does, you can tell him what an asshole he is for leaving you behind. Her smile was a little broader at that, but she lamented that she couldn't tell him what to do, either. Perhaps if she had known him better, his preferences and likes and dislikes... but she didn't, and she had only a vague semblance of his personality on which to speculate.

Maybe you should just do what Ezekiel taught you to do? she suggested.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread