[J] The path Which only you know
Quote: Hey there I’m new to Souls and I wanted to know if I could join your pack, I feel like this one would fit me the best and it seems really friendly. I write in character so I hope that’s okay tell me if you need any more information.

“Run, run free my child."

She made herself run, pushed herself harder than she ever remembered. She had to get away from those eyes, those piercing blue eyes. Her paws dug into the dirt beneath her and her breathing became staggered and ragged. The world began to spin as she fell to the earth, those eyes still behind her.

“Let the wind carry you away from the nightmares.”

She lay there for a while, letting the voice settle around her. After what seemed like an eternity, she stood, wincing at the pricks from the thorn bushes. She paid no mind to her smaller wounds and rubbed her muzzle against her shoulder. Those eyes, that voice were echoing through her head. No matter how hard she tried to erase them they would haunt her. Shoving off the heavy feeling that had settled into her stomach the small female continued on her way. She couldn’t remember how long she had been running for, a day? Two? Ever since she had that close encounter a bear, she was on the move. Ivy was not sure but she was running on fumes, she would have to find food soon. Her quick gate slowed as she took in her surroundings. Ivy Havoc had entered another forest, a very thick forest. The scent of deer caught her attention; she turned to the north and sniffed the air. It did not seem that far away, with a smirk she trotted forward. There was a small deer trail that was woven between bramble bushes and the ancient trees.

Crack.

Ivy Froze in place, the wind that caressed her face brought the smell of deer flooding into her nose. The Deer was standing about sixty feet from her hiding spot next to the sloping hill face. The male was maybe a year old, small enough for her to take him out. She launched herself through the bramble bush and onto the deer. It cried and stumbled backwards from the unsuspecting weight. The female locked onto it’s shoulder.

That’s when she felt the prey lose it’s balance.

With a yelp the two fell down the slope, sticks and rocks battered her as they rolled. Ivy let go of the deer and tried to slow her descent. She was stopped by a tree.

“Ow…Not the smartest move Ivy.” She whined as she inspected herself over for injury. Just a few achy bones, nothing she couldn’t hand. Turning with ears half-mast the blue-eyed wolf found the deer was not so lucky. It seemed to have broken it’s leg. Carefully making her way down to base of the hill.

The deer seemed to wail at her with it’s blank dark orbs. She made quick work of killing the poor creature- no need for it to suffer any more than needed.

She dove for the leg and began to feast. The taste of iron flooded her mouth as she gorged herself. The scent of blood would attract other predators so she had to make her meal fast.

Half way done with her meal, Ivy froze, beneath the overbearing smell of blood and death was something else. Something that made her blood run cold. There was a pack nearby, very nearby. She loped after the smell, whining as the sight of her meal disappeared. Hopefully later it would still be there and she could continue the meal. Standing on a small overhang the female glanced around her. The scent of the pack’s border was maybe a few yards away. Nervously she lapped the blood from her fur, deciding whether howling was the best choice.

“Follow the path to where your feet will lead you. The path will be your freedom.”

The comforting hum of her father’s voice echoed through her ears. With a snort she sat down and howled. It sounded almost bell like, each not rang through the forest and to the twilight beyond. She lay down and watched as the sun faded behind the trees.

Hopefully she would not have to wait for long. “I pray you may be right father.”

Messages In This Thread