the silent shadow
[html]

It was a peculiar thing, seeing the woman so frightened of him, if only for a little bit. The small feline as not feared by many - even the prey that he stalked did not know of him until their very death. The ebony feline then cocked his head when she said that he was supposed to be.. larger?

"I find myself just the right size," he sniffed, sitting down and curling his tail around his paws. He wasn't sure what the female had meant - perhaps, he thought, that she had never seen a domestic cat before, and only had seen the mountain lions and enormous bobcats and wildcats that populated the area. They looked like him, true, but different too - it was easy to differentiate between a wildcat and Element, who descended from the cats owned by humans many lifetimes ago.

Either way... Element, as himself, was just the right size for him. If he was only a bit bigger, the mice and squirrels he ate would not satisfy him, but he would be too small still to hunt large game like deer and moose, and he might not be able to hide as well in small places and dark shadows. Any smaller, and he would possibly be able to be hurt by his very prey. No, he found himself to be exactly the right size for his purposes.

<style type="text/css">
.elementdark b {font-weight:normal; color:#49e349; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementdarkooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementdark p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementdark {margin:0 auto; width:409px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... ntdark.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 320px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread