all that makes us human continues
Most of the other swears I know aren't in it, however. Big Grin

[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... rel/t3.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

Did it matter where it came from? Laurel shrugged. He didn't know if it mattered or not because there was just too great of a chance that it either did or it didn't. Fifty percent of the puzzle. He wondered if Jasper was even improving, knowing that the boy hadn't hardly moved since Ahren had brought him back to the shack. Then he had brought Laruku back who was not quite as bad as Jasper, but by now Laurel figured he was. Then Ahren himself was looking about the same. All of them were fighting it, or so he hoped. Whatever it was, it deserved to be fought if it could cripple them with a one-two punch like it had. But he hadn't seen the full range of symptoms either, so he didn't know how severe it was.

Frankly, he didn't want to know how severe it was. He didn't want it, but couldn't bring himself to just turn tail and get the hell away. The thought had crossed his mind a couple of times already. “Should probably figure out what to do now. We just don't get sick, not when we're all in good health… when we just get sick like that, it's always bad.” It wasn't bad, it was really bad, that's what he kept arguing with himself over. “Maybe I just wanna know what in the hell you all got into so I can avoid it,” he said, sounding a little more mean than he meant to be but it was true. He wanted to avoid it, he didn't want to get sick because then who would deal with everything?

“Someone has to be around in case we need to start burying people,” but would it really come to that so soon? Maybe they'd all die and rot down to the earth, some bird would pick at them and spread whatever they had around. It was how plagues were started, right? Rats and birds, scurrying around and eating each others shit and bodies. “Someone told me that before this fire on the other side of the mountain way north, this place seemed uninhabited. I bet this is why, there's probably something wrong with it.” But wasn't most of the north uninhabited? Most of what they had come through had been scarcely populated. It was like that all over the place with only large groups in intelligently sporadic areas.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread