all that makes us human continues
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... sts/t4.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She probably knew that he probably didn’t really listen to a word that she said, but she forced herself to believe that he had just to preserve her own sanity — and perhaps his health. She couldn’t account for his well-being if she happened to snap into another aggressive stint. Gradually, as the silence drug on, her hot-burning anger began to lose fuel and began to smolder. His lack of a response kept it going on, though, but it wasn’t as blazing as it had been. She simply waited for any reaction from him… and then switched her olive gaze expectantly when he heaved himself up into a sitting position. She was waiting for an apology and perhaps some begging for forgiveness when he moved forward and sweeping her into an awkward and unexpected kiss.

Alarm swept through her, followed swiftly by confusion and a general stunned feeling. A few more moments passed as she was inactive — immobile — as she felt her mind and body overrun with more emotions than she could count, and more than she had names for. Her mind was moving just about as fluidly as his until, after she had wrenched her eyes shut more in anger and confusion than anything, she lifted an arm and — pretty forcefully — shoved him away. She drew herself back, her face twisted in a look of shock, confusion, and generally overshadowed by a shred of anger as she stared into his clouded eyes. She sighed then, trying to get rid of all of the emotions and sifting through them for useful ones. She lifted her hand again, this time placing it — too sternly to be influenced of any tender emotion — on the side of his face while saying in voice that sounded like a croak, “That’s not really the way to keep yourself from getting sick.” She then let her hand drop, turning her head and shoulders at a perpendicular angle from his. She looked into the distance, finding that she was no longer angry… at him. She was angry at herself for not being angry at him, if that made sense. It did to her. Eventually she muttered, “This is too complicated when I’m sober.” She shook her head slowly. “Okay, I guess I’m not angry anymore.” Not that she totally forgave him yet, but it was a decent band-aid.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread