[p] all hail king Neptune
[html]

(454) I LOVE DOING THAT WHEN MY MANTHING IS IN THE CAR. Once I was sitting at a light with my best guy friend and this car with four people pulled up next to us. ALL FOUR OF THEM were dancing like crazy and encouraging us to dance. I like these things. 8D

Vasiliy is by me!

Aye, the Russian agreed, happily enough. He was eager to see what this pack held for trade, though he did not prompt her regarding their goods. To do so was rude in Vasiliy's eyes -- all in good time! He was a creature of patience and optimism, and quite capable of waiting. Besides, he liked this forest quite a lot -- before long, the cool, fresh scent of water came to his nose, and he sniffed deeply, enjoying the complement this paid to the deep, piney scent of their forests.

His dark ears pricked upward as she inquired after other animals that made things. The dusky-hued wolf thought on that a moment, and frowned. There were cows and goats back in their packland, but he hadn't seen nearly as many cows and goats as there were sheep, horses, and even chickens. That was part of the reason why there were none in their camps. But -- perhaps he could still be of use to this X'yrin. Her question was vague -- perhaps she did not know what animals could be used for production. If so, Vasiliy could give her a start on that.

Your packland -- lovely, he declared. Though the steely hybrid did not believe he'd made any mistakes in picking Cercatori d'Arte as his home, part of him did envy this Sangi'lak and its forests. I think if Sangi'lak want livestock, you raise strong here, he said. But -- I am sorry to say, we bring no other animals that make things. In home Cercatori lands, have cows and goats, but not many. Maybe not for trade, he added, apologetically.

But I tell you what animals want, maybe. Cow make milk, and goat make milk, make hides, make thing from hoof and horn. These kinds of animals you are want? Maybe, too -- pig. Pig not make much, other than brushes from hair, but have good meat. Maybe find goose? Also make egg, and feathers very useful. He gave a thoughtful pause, tilting his head as he considered.

Ah, ah, ah! he said, suddenly. Maybe duck? Also make egg. Another pause. Other animal... do, not make. Like bird -- ah, pigeon, I think? Over sea, where Vasiliy is from, pigeon carry message over distance. Faster than Luperci, sometimes. Make egg, of course, is bird, but very small. Many eggs to fill belly, he declared. And -- all these things, I think you get in Freetown. Is far south, you have never been? Many go there. Always animals for trade -- if Cercatori does not have, you go there, too, and have animal, he said, grinning. Thereafter, the dusky-furred hybrid looked to her hopefully, wondering if he'd provided a good start for her.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread