[M] Serviam
[html]

(316)

Ithiel is by Kitty!

The dusky-furred hybrid nodded and spoke his own ritual. There was no hint of boasting to his tone, and his face remained still as he spoke. I read it daily, as well. In the morning and before sleep, so my dreams might be as pure as my day. Of course, it did not always work in such a fashion: he, too, had strayed from righteousness in the past, and he, too, had paid the price in penance for such deviations. The dark-furred hybrid had never done something so severe as to require scourging -- at least, not in his adult life, anyway -- and he was curious as to the nature of her crime, though he hadn't inquired on just what she'd done as such might have been taken for rudeness.

The dusky hybrid shook his head at mention of her home, though it was more a twitch than anything. I come from the far west. Both of us come to a land of non-believers. When she confirmed his thoughts on the leg-binding acting as penance, he nodded his understanding. Prayer was penance, but some crimes were a worse offense and required physical sacrifice to make amends. He was surprised, however, as she spoke of her crime: a minor offense, one Ithiel did not fully comprehend. Though his surprise remained hidden beneath the neutral mask of his face, the dusky hybrid's mouth did twitch in a frown, indication of thought occurring behind his blood-red gaze.

Perhaps this is meant to be your journey's end instead, he suggested mildly. Some say it is no coincidence when followers of the faith meet. His tone suggested nothing in the way of his beliefs: whether Ithiel agreed or disagreed with the statement was not apparent from his tone or his body language. He sat still in his saddle, straight and tall as ever.

<style>
#ithielKitty {
font-family:'trebuchet ms', tahoma, geneva, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#ithielKitty p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#ithielKitty p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#ithielKitty .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif
text-transform:none;
line-height:16px;
font-weight:normal; }
#ithielKitty .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#ithielKitty b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#ithielKitty u { text-decoration: underline; }
#ithielKitty b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#ithielKitty b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread