[M] Serviam
Willam hadn't really expected him to tell her what had actually brought him to come here. His reason for being where he was was only a passing thought for her and hadn't been the point of her questioning. She felt glad to know anyways. He had come here in search of someone and stayed despite that someone not being found. "Do you have plans to leave to continue to look for him?" She wasn't certain if that was too personal or not. "There was an attack on la Chemin. They burned the church with members still left inside." The female spoke quietly as she delivered her own tale. It had been a scramble to get away. She didn't know what other survivors that there might have been. The intruders had set fire to the borders as well, trying to trap everyone in the ring of death.

"Because I hoped it for myself rather than for it being God's purpose for you to be here to guide any that might be lost in the right direction." She desired fellowship and companionship since she had lived in a community of worshipers. She wasn't used to being alone in her faith and therefore wasn't certain how to proceed when she was used to faith being a group activity. She was used to someone else taking the lead as far as Mass and Communion were concerned. She didn't know what to do with no one to confess to. How would she know that she was properly punished to stepping even a single toe out of line?

She was clearly torn about what she should do and her unease demonstrated itself as she once again reached for the religious relic that hung about her neck. "I think that I shouldn't make hopes for myself. I should be satisfied in God's will." When she spoke again it was in a decisive tone. She paused and therefore had Châtiment pausing at her side. She reached into the bag that she had tossed over his back that had the few meager belongings that she was able to grab before she left. Out of it she pulled out a barbed flogger, carefully unwinding the leather straps from about the handle so that they wouldn't become tangled.

"If you wouldn't mind. I've never been too good at administering this sort of penance to myself." As she spoke she held out the handle for Ithiel to take. She didn't see her request as being unreasonable. Certainly he must be used to this kind of thing as he was a practitioner of the faith as well. To Willam this was just a normal routine. "However many lashes you believe will suffice should do." Willam simply had trouble putting off punishment til later so she was fully prepared to brace herself against Châtiment's side and receive her lashings before they could continue their journey.

Messages In This Thread