What is this?
[html]

Skoll wasn't the smartest wolf in the land. Though he wasn't dim, he tended to rely more on intuition than raw processing power when it came to devising solutions, experience over intellect. While this was a detrimental thing in his earlier years, at his current age, it didn't work against him as much as it might have. The fact that this cloaked figure had heard of his relation to Inferni implied that he was from around here. The fact that he alluded to Skoll possessing another side to the story led him to believe that he had some connection with either Inferni or Jaded Shadows, though it that connection could be as close as belonging to one of those packs, or as distant as being a family member of one of the involved parties, which could place this character most anywhere in the land, provided he was a member of Fatin's extended family.

"That there is." He said, somberly. "And I'd be happy to tell it. They are likely tell you is that I hurt two of Inferni's adolescents. That would be true. One of them was hurt badly, the other walked away with some bruises, nothing more." He paused, his eyes on the stranger. If he hadn't heard the stories in detail, that bit would likely elicit some sort of adverse reaction, if only momentary. If he wasn't, then it was less likely to do so, though having them verified wouldn't make anyone sitting on the fence happy.

"What they are unlikely to tell you is that I didn't start that fight. I interfered when an older brother of theirs tried to kill a girl named Naniko. The kids came out after I'd fought Molochai off of the wolf girl, eager to fight, heedless of their size, just like they'd been taught, I have to assume. Gabriel came afterward, but wouldn't call his siblings away. I hurt them, yes, but most of it happened after I told them several times to leave the fight to the adults, and they nor their elder siblings complied with my warning. When it became clear they wouldn't give me a choice, I stopped holding back, since following rules that my opponents wouldn't respect would have been fatal." The truth which Kaena's spawn nor her allies would tell to anyone else, and the one which Gibraltar had chosen to turn a blind eye to when the time came.

"When I nearly killed the little coyote girl and had dealt significant damage to the two adult males, I took a severe injury of my own," he indicated the scar where Gabriel's jaws had taken hold of the meat of his belly. "Waking me to the severity of my situation, I gained the presence of mind to cast away the enemy who'd bitten me and flee, and escaped Inferni. Gabriel chased me a few hundred feet past the border, before turning back, leaving me to stagger back to my own packland at the time, Storm."

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread