What is this?
[html]

Sorry for the delay, the evening slipped away from me (hour and a half walk plus two and a half hour movie for the lose x.x ). I went to go fix my character wiki, but when I got there, someone had already made it all pretty 0.0 Totally appreciative, but I don't know who did it!

"True," he conceded the younger's point. "Nonetheless, if past grievances are to be given weight, then the original perpetrator holds a great deal of responsibility. In a culture which holds such things to be important, rigid internal control is necessary, so that every group punishes its own members to avoid going to war with outside forces. Inferni doesn't seem to do this, which makes war an exceedingly likely occurrence." That was the truth of it. Gibraltar's exile of Skoll, or the treatment of the wolf Lucifer could both be seen in this light: as the in group punishing its own members to avoid due punishment from the offended outside force, seeking to enforce justice on their own so that other, less sympathetic groups wouldn't have to. Gibraltar's action against Skoll had been purely in the interest of his own regime, but he knew that politically it had been seen differently.

"Not all wolves are good about this, either, the problem isn't based in race, but Inferni seems to have a talent for condoning the reckless misdeeds of a few of its own members, and then seeing new, fresh, unsolicited crimes against itself when the inevitable retribution is executed. Unfortunately, or I suppose fortunately, depending on your view, the wolves here aren't moved to war all that easily, and so Inferni gets away with many things that would have destroyed a group of coyotes in other parts of the world." Indeed, coyotes simply weren't individually large enough to stand against wolves, not without vast numerical advantages, of the order of two or three times. Inferni's reputation, as well as its healthy population of hybrids, made them more formidable than one would expect for a group claiming to be coyotes. Nevertheless, the attitude of the Souls wolves was poorly conducive to defending itself, and Skoll remained convinced that this was the primary reason that Inferni still existed, the reputation of family empires within the clan not withstanding.

"This is, of course, just the opinion of an old man. My way of thinking isn't well understood here, and the way of thinking here isn't well understood by me. I am friends with many who think differently from me." A softer message of tolerance. He felt strongly about this issue, but too many people were soft about it for his righteousness to accomplish anything. He had saved a girl from being killed by Inferni, he would have to be happy enough with that. It was odd to think, but he'd actually saved more Inferni members from loners and accidents than he had saved pack members from Inferni. Peculiar, given the incident rate around here.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread