Green Grass
[html]

pfft coli is chatty today!
WC: 708

lost into the weight of gravity

Eclipse returned her greeting warmly, rising to welcome her with open arms. Coli held still as her niece hugged her, allowing the contact but immobilized by the intimacy. Physical embraces were rare for her, and she was hypersensitive to even the lightest touch, remaining rigid until she was released. She exhaled the breath she didn't realize she held, and smiled weakly at Eclipse, hoping she had not seemed overtly awkward. "I am so happy to see you again, you look wonderful! You must tell me everything about your new pack."

Her recent misfortune was alluded to, and Coli faltered, searching for an easy way to explain the event. "Yes, I... I ran into some trouble. A lone male attacked me near the lake; I still don't know why, I guess I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time." She shrugged, trying to keep her tone light. There was no point in lying outright, especially not to Eclipse who would be traveling by herself once her stay here ended. They both knew how perilous the lawless territories could be, it was something she remembered discussing when they first met. "I'm sure Saul warned you already, but be cautious, try not to hunt alone if you can help it." There was deep concern in her gaze, whether it was founded or not. Eclipse rode on horseback and carried a hunting bow; she could probably handle herself much better than defenseless Coli had in that position. But still, it frightened her to think of her precious niece in the clutches of that sadist; he had broken her will to fight so quickly, it was chilling.

She touched the shiny healing scar on her chest, then realized she should probably explain that aloud. "This scar, part of it... w-well, he left it on purpose," she murmured, expression darkening. It had been his initial, a cruel reminder for her to bear. "I changed it though, to a rune that would bring me better luck. I think I'm starting to believe in the Norse stuff, the Stormbringer faith. It's catching on here." She smiled hesitantly to herself, letting her fingers fall to her sides. She didn't know if Eclipse knew much about her Stormbringer side; Lilin hadn't until the enigmatic Miskunn joined their group, and it was all new to Colibri the outsider. Religion was a sensitive topic for her, but having something to believe in was better than the void of nothingness. She needed the structure, or her morality crumbled. The concept of any sort of deities actually existing still seemed farfetched, but... so far, the Thurisaz rune carved into her hide seemed to hold a power over her, as the catalyst it had been designed for.

Eclipse offered to help her water the garden, and Coli waved her off with a grateful smile. "I've got it under control, just need to water everything. Summer makes them wilt so quickly, even if all the sun is good for them." She upended the wineskin, sending a glittering stream of lake water splashing into the dusty soil. Admittedly she did feel out of breath, and the slightest bit dizzy... She had not been feeling well since the attack, and even though her cuts and bruises had healed, there was still something weakening her. She stumbled over a clump of dirt, but managed to right her balance, quickly speaking up to try and distract Eclipse. She didn't want her niece to worry about her health or anything else while she was a guest here.

"Little paws, yes, there's a new puppy in town. I don't know if you spotted her last night at the feast, but she's quite a handful. Sweet, though, she did help me put the flowers back... after she dug them up. Wish I knew where her parents were..." she added wistfully. She liked Sura, as she liked most children; their innocent curiosity reminded her of a simpler time in her own life. "Speaking of which, any plans for little paws of your own?" Coli glanced up, a mischievous gleam in her eyes. She was only teasing... but she would love to see little grand-nieces and nephews scampering about, even if they dug up all the plants in Vinátta.

Table by Sace!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread