boats and no's!
[html]
i’m dreamin’ out loud, and all at once so familiar it seems

If you have a problem with scrolling tables, let me know and I will change it immediately. Smile

Word Count → 651

After the fight with his brother, Skoll had been more and more removed from his family and his pack. He became a bit of a lone wolf, venturing often into the neutral territory at the boundaries of the Kingdom and skirting the edges of Court society, mostly because he was resentful and afraid of what his comrades would think of him. At just a couple months shy of a year old, the boy was transforming into a beast, and he didn’t know when the itch would leave him alone; until then, he had to move, and fight, and avoid others so he could move and couldn’t fight.

In a way, it was almost like the first day he shifted—then a burning tension along his shoulders and haunches that he needed to stretch and stretch until he stood on two legs. Now, the tension flooded throughout his body and his soul, and he didn’t know what he could do about it. Maybe, if he spoke to his father, he’d learn—Vigilante knew everything, of course; he still believed that even if he wasn’t as close to his alpha parent as he used to be—but he didn’t want to see the disapproval in his green gaze. He had to confront this problem himself.

It was a bit ironic, but the beast within Skoll wanted to roam in his optime form rather than the four-legged shapes he’d always been comfortable in. He didn’t question it—anything to ease the itch—but instead took long strides as he went about Lunenburg, more feral than princely. Occasionally he’d lift his nose to the salt wind and push his mane out of his face, a characteristic gesture, before trudging onward in search for something to do alone. A social creature from birth, this was difficult for him.

His wanderings eventually led him to the docks, where he watched the afternoon sun glisten off the water and the few un-sunk boats bob in place. It would be easy to leap onto one and be off, but he knew that he’d die within three days out at sea, probably sooner because he knew nothing about the tides and currents and other hazards of ocean travel. He didn’t even want to leave, anyway, as grouchy as he was; he wouldn’t dream of abandoning his family, especially in a cowardly way like that.

Scowling, Skoll turned to scan the beach—then pricked his ears when he saw a little black and white shape in the water. Green eyes narrowed, then widened, and he started running down onto the sand toward the little form: a puppy, a Catori puppy. He hadn’t met his half-nephew in person yet, but he knew about Heiro from his talks with the boy’s father—and, kin or not, he was still out in the water and still in danger.

The yellow werewolf paused on his toes on the damp sand, his ears flattening. He remembered being washed out to sea and rescued by a stranger, and even though he was still young and afraid, he knew he had to be a hero now too. All of his former anger and frustration was forgotten as he lurched clumsily forward into the water, shoving against the weight of it, his arms waving to keep balance and instinctively stroke to swim closer.

“Heiro, I’m coming,” the young Haskel shouted, not stopping to wonder why the boy wasn’t panicking more. He was almost there, about to gather the black and white puppy in his arms, when a sharp pain jolted up his leg and he fell forward. Bitter saltwater splashed in his face, and his bottom jaw was soaked as he grunted and pushed forward again, still not stopping. “I’ve got you,” he lied, but then he clawed onto the sandbar. He knelt, his leg still screaming, and reached for the pup, jubilating that they weren’t in danger yet.

i’m dreamin’ out loud, can’t find a puzzle to fit into piece
<style>
.scrollol-ly {font-family:georgia, serif; font-style:italic; text-align:center; font-size:20px; padding:3px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.scrollol .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.scrollol p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px;}
.scrollol b {color:#286828;}
.scrollol {background-color:#a6a6a6; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgnuzd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111; border:#000 1px solid; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.scrollol .inner {margin:8px 96px 5px 5px; padding:10px; height:465px; overflow:auto;}
.scrollol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #286828; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
.scrollol .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread