boats and no's!
[html]
i’m dreamin’ out loud, and all at once so familiar it seems

So am I. >___<

Word Count → 249

He didn’t stop to think about the fiery pain or the location of the sandbar; Skoll had to save this child from the fate he’d almost suffered. He tried to look confident and failed miserably, his smile more of a grimace, as he shifted his weight on the sand and the saltwater lapped around him. He had a one-track mind, and he ignored the hybrid puppy’s questions as he reached for him, scooping him up in large pale hands.

“Just stay still,” the older prince said gruffly. He knew how much he’d squirmed when the collie woman rescued him, how afraid he’d been; only exhaustion had kept him from total panic. He cradled Heiro close to his chest, tucking him under his arm, and slipped back into the deeper waters to reach the shore.

He managed to miss more of the urchins under the surface, although his first few steps turned into lurching limps; these near-falls almost brought Heiro down into the water, although Skoll struggled to at least keep his head up with his fingers under the boy’s chin. Finally, he reached the beach, crawling on his knees and one arm then dropping the black and white puppy onto land.

Immediately, Skoll bared his teeth and rolled over, sucking his breath in as he saw the blood seeping from his leg. He scrambled backward in the sand as if to escape his own injury then sat there, chest heaving, not quite sure what to do about the wound.

i’m dreamin’ out loud, can’t find a puzzle to fit into piece
<style>
.scrollol-ly {font-family:georgia, serif; font-style:italic; text-align:center; font-size:20px; padding:3px; letter-spacing:-.5px;}
.scrollol .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.scrollol p {padding:5px 0px; margin:0px;}
.scrollol b {color:#286828;}
.scrollol {background-color:#a6a6a6; background-image:url(http://i50.tinypic.com/2mgnuzd.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0 auto; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111; border:#000 1px solid; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; height:500px;}
.scrollol .inner {margin:8px 96px 5px 5px; padding:10px; height:465px; overflow:auto;}
.scrollol .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #286828; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px;}
.scrollol .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:10px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread