Keep running.
[html]
ooc. This is intended to end up a peaceful encounter. However, your character can react to her in whichever way they naturally would. She’s pretty frantic/stupid right now. I spoke to Sie regarding the thread - it is all welcome though either Myrika or Vesper will make an appearance at some point since she’s all *derp hi I’m a stranger in your lands* Feel free to intercept her at the borders or meet her at whatever point… she’s running toward Great Village. 400+

Where am I? …run… How did I get here? …don’t look back… How long has it been? …time is of the essence… “Ahh! Stop!” Hands flew up to the sides of her head and clutched matted locks of golden brown hair, pulling as brown eyes squeezed shut while Katerina labored uselessly to clear her mind. Her chest heaved as she panted heavily, though she had not been laboring hard enough for these fast, short breaths. She whimpered as images of shadowy monsters with blood red eyes cavorted through her head. “No! No! STOP!” She yelled, and jerked her head up. When she opened her eyes, it was all gone, and she could see the world around her again.

Her eyes scanned the territory and she turned a circle as she took it all in. It was as though she had seen nothing even though she had walked into this land on her own two legs. How far had she gotten from End World? She had no idea. It could have been miles, it could have been worlds, but for all she knew if she turned around End World would be right behind her. It felt like it, it felt like it would follow her anywhere. She didn’t want to turn around again. But she did.

“Oh, oh god!” She gasped and covered her mouth, and her heart dropped into her stomach at the sight. It was not End World, but the grisly line she had crossed was a foreboding scene that did not purport good will towards visitors. What had done this? What boss, what monster would line up these skulls on pikes like ornaments of death? Were there gangs here too? Or mutants? Maybe she was right, maybe it was End World, maybe it would follow her everywhere she went… maybe she could never escape. Slowly, she walked toward the line of toothy skulls and reached out to one sun bleached skull. Fingers gently brushed bone and it jostled on its spike; the loose jaw fell to the ground.

No time! Darkness falls. Katerina jumped as the jawbone clattered, and she leaped back, coming back to reality. Her eyes shot to the gradient sky, purples and pinks now intermingled with blue. Time was running out; it didn’t matter what place she had come to, it would be night soon. There was something in the distance, she remembered. Houses, perhaps. She didn’t know the state of the village, but it was her only hope of getting inside before nightfall… before the terrors came… The wire-thin woman spun around and began running, away from the hideously marked border, away from the looming threat of End World, away from the terrors, and into a place where she knew not what awaited her there.

<style>
.cheshire718-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.cheshire718 ooc {color:#fe6d5b9;}
.cheshire718 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.cheshire718 b {color:#e6d5b9; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#836b47 0px 1px 0px;}
.cheshire718 {width:357px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#493a28; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/11w4npg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:410px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread