Keep running.
[html]

The sound of the galloping horse was not lost to her ears, and she knew what a sound like that could mean. She wasn’t fast enough, she was going to be caught outside in the darkness. She looked around frantically, spotting the shadowy vision of the mounted man, but she kept on running until the horse darted out in front of her and blocked her path. Katerina screamed and threw her arms up to protect herself, thinking she would be trampled beneath the hooves, and at the same time she tripped and fell to her knees.

Just a split second later when there was no onslaught she looked up at the man that loomed over her, her eyes moving back and forth from him to the shuffling hooves. He was… normal. Or, from what she could tell anyway. But still he was a man protecting his home (she assumed) which she knew she was clearly not supposed to be in, and the meeting could easily go badly for her at a moment’s notice.

“I’m sorry,” she said, her voice sharp with hysteria. “If I’m not supposed to be here I’m sorry, but I need to get indoors. Just for the night. Just one night and then I’ll get out of here.” She glanced to the sky and then back to the man. “Please!”

If he chose to attack, to just rid himself of the inconvenience that was she, he would have little problem disposing of her. The woman was wiry and thin, thin even for her own smaller species, like food had been scarce. Despite all of the worry within her eyes it was clear that she was tired, it looked like weeks of paranoia had chipped away pieces of her soul. Yet somewhere beneath there was one last spark telling her to survive.

“The creatures,” she paused, blinked as though flinching, and then started again. “The creatures that come out in the dark will get me, and they will get you too if you don’t get inside.” Why was the man even risking being out here so close to dusk? Her eyes turned to the sky, and she was certain she could see the last of the sunlight sinking toward the horizon.

<style>
.cheshire718-text {padding:0px 9px;}
.cheshire718 ooc {color:#fe6d5b9;}
.cheshire718 i {color:#ffffff; font-style:italic;}
.cheshire718 b {color:#e6d5b9; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#836b47 0px 1px 0px;}
.cheshire718 {width:357px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#493a28; background-image:url(http://i45.tinypic.com/11w4npg.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:410px 0px 6px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread