Scars of the Past
((526)) Ohmy! ouo

Though he'd never been in an official "pack" really, Harvey Butler understood respecting the boundaries of certain communities. He was once involved in a gang, one ran most like the mafia, and unlike last of the human ones, filled with graffiti bearing delinquents. Money and power were top priority if one wished to succeed, and the members, Harv included, would pay any costs to acquire such.

It was a selfish, shameful lifestyle, but once included, it was more than difficult to return to life safe and soundly. Due to obtaining intimate knowledge, members were often killed, so the secrets of the gang couldn't be spread.

Harvey was lucky. He was kicked from the group, thanks to his inability to complete a contract, and blessed with another chance. The merle canine was aware, though, that if he should step foot back into the posse's grounds, or run into a member with authority, he could and should be finished with, and in a horrid fashion.

This is what he was running from. His entire past was filled with bloodshed, greed, pride and fear. It was no way to live, and after realizing his faults and mistakes, Harvey was more than grateful to get to go through this blessed catharsis.

He shook his head, listening now to the woman next to him. He smiled.

Really now? Well, must say, th' does sound mighty useful. Still don't know if I could really get the 'ang o' it, personally, but... The dog shrugged his broad shoulders, Like ya said, all up t' preference. Whatever gets the job done, it is.

The gang had been a family, once. Other than them, Harvey had no friend or relatives to go to when injured, emotionally unstable (as his anger issues were far worse when this rebellious, ruthless stage was in session) or otherwise in need to assistance.

If he said he completely regretted joining, he'd be lying.

In whole, it was a bad idea, but the benefits gained still caused the aussie dog to feel some remorse. He had the money to do what he wished, to go where he pleased, to see who he wanted to see... Anything he wanted, he could easily obtain. He had people under his command, a reputation that kept him respected, despite most of that being conceived by fear.

It was how he got into that position that made him sick to remember.

He shook the thoughts from his head again, cursing himself for dwelling so much on his history instead of taking advantage of this new opportunity.

Well, then tha'd pro'ly be best, no? Seein' as ya know these woods so well, an' I pro'ly couldn't make me through a one way street. Harvey was mumbling his words some, his mood drastically brought down with memories of his previous lifestyle. He tried to crack a smile, and go on.

A friend? Yeh... I should fancy me one o' those. The dog nodded, Would be nice t' not be so lonely no more. At least for the time it takes t' get out o' 'ere, tha' is. Thank ya, miss.

His smile was a little more genuine now.

Messages In This Thread