Succulent Sweetness
[html]
Word Count :: 209 OOC.

The woman was quick to respond to their presence, and when she corrected Basilio’s greeting Helotes couldn’t help but smile. The young, small boy was confused by her words, and so lost interest and went scampering back to his sister. The female introduced herself and asked if something was needed of her and Helotes shook his head, No, miss, you are fine. We just came to pick some berries. Go back to reading the Good Word and we will not bother you. He grinned amiably and somewhat apologetically and then whispered quickly in Spanish to his children to go off and play; they more than happily obliged.

Once they were somewhat off and way, Helotes focused on picking the ripe buds that were the wild strawberries. He popped a few in his mouth and they just burst with flavor; it was almost like putting a bit of heaven against one’s tongue. He smiled over at Willam as he did so, My name is Helotes Lykoi, it is nice to meet you, I am sorry we disturbed you. He was trying to be as kind as possible; he was reminded of how angry his mother would get when she was interrupted during her Bible study.

Photo courtesy of VinothChandar

<style>
.KMTT_HelRose p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT_HelRose p b:before {content: open-quote;}
.KMTT_HelRose p b:after {content: close-quote;}
.KMTT_HelRose b {font-family:verdana; color:#971624; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 2px;}
.KMTT_HelRose {background-color:#080922; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#966067; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc4 ... HelTab.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:383px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT_HelRose .inner {margin:0 18px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT_HelRose .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#966067; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #971624; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread