Home Sweet Home (?)
((227))

Those words rang like a chorus of angels in the canine's flopped ears. His demeanor turned genuinely for the better, his bi-coloured eyes brightened and red merle tail wagging happily behind him.

Wait... Really, for real? Harvey laughed some, Oh, boy! Tha'd be lovely! I been wanderin' 'about for who knows 'ow long, me feet grown tired and such... I promise I wouldn't stay too long, miss, I would 'ate t' intrude.

He nodded. It was true, and he'd consider himself a sort of freeloader if he stayed for too long of a period, leeching off another for his own benefit, especially a woman. No, he wouldn't have that, but he'd gladly take up the offer at least some time in a warm home with shelter from the rain and winds.

I could 'elp 'round the 'ouse, I could. The aussie dog nodded, Feel free t' put me t' work, never believed in gettin' benefits for nufin'. Can do jus' 'bout anyfin' ya ask, so don't 'esitate, right?

The Brit beamed, excited to have not only been granted a friend (at least, he hoped he could call this stranger a friend, as she was already inviting him to stay within her home), but a place to stay until he could find something of his own, perhaps.

It seemed like quite the lucky day for him.

Messages In This Thread