Mirror Images
[html]

Having collected himself from his past mistake, he was sure not to give himself away at the mention of Asphyxia's name. Looking at the girl quizzically, the large male tilted his one-eared head, scars warping with the curious expression.

"Asphyxia?" he replied, not wanting to lie, but knowing that her survival could very well depend on it. Even if this was her daughter, blurting out something that dangerous to the wrong coyote could get Asphyxia evicted from her home, or worse. He managed to conceal his enjoyment at meeting Asphyxia's daughter, he could definitely see why others in the past might have mistaken her just as he had.

"The person I was referring to I met in my travels, hence my obvious excitement, not expecting to see them in the Souls' lands. Turns out I was wrong to get my hopes up, though I'm pleased to make your acquaintance, provided my race isn't overtly offensive to you." Skoll didn't lie often, but between his theatrical experience telling stories and self-discipline, he could avoid giving himself away.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread