Mirror Images
[html]

Sorry for dallying.

"You're actually about halfway to Shadowed Sun," he said in answer to her query. "And as far as size, I guess it's a good thing you never met my friend Phoenix. He's not around here anymore, but he was larger than me by a significant margin." He wasn't complaining that she hadn't heard about him before. At least it seemed like Inferni had a short memory about such things. Then again, it might be that Gabriel knew the truth behind the lies and so had let it die, knowing that Skoll wasn't the threat to Inferni's children that he and Fatin had made the bronze wolf out to be.

"I come up here to think and survey, sometimes. It provides an excellent view, and is usually a lonely enough spot." It might not be for long, though, he mused. He had met Asphyxia up here, and now Garnet. It seemed that Inferni and Shadowed Sun members would be running to the same place to get away from the strains of their lives, which meant that eventually, a fight was likely to break out. That could definitely spell trouble for the future.

He considered asking her about the war, but he decided to bite back the question. He didn't want to know. He had more pressing matters to consider, and all of this was merely a distraction from dealing with his upcoming duel. He might not even be alive soon, or be too injured to have any impact on a conflict which Tayui wouldn't want him involved in, anyway. Best to keep his mind on his own immediate concerns.

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread