Straight Shot
[html]
304 // Oi. Your posts are fine, lady. Tongue

At her reassurance, he smiled sheepishly. It was true that he hadn't quite figured out the in's and out's of this place yet, so every little bit of confidence helped. When she handed him a share of the meal, he murmured a polite 'thank you' and started eating, not at all minding the raw insides. "Ah, this is delicious!" His voice was a bit of a whine saying it, enjoying the first real food he'd had in days.

The answer to his question came a moment later. She spoke of Cercatori d'Arte, the name of her pack- a pack stationed just nearby. Probably not nomads, if she could point them out so easily. Cool. He paused his meal to answer her. "Oh, ah... actually, I'm not from any one place." He smiled at the thought of traveling with his family, back before he'd left. "My family and I were merchants and gypsies. We traveled from place to place, selling our wares and performing for crowds. They were heading North when I left them, to the snow lands. Apparently there's another band up there looking for an exchange or something." He shrugged, not really caring either way. His mother was dead, so he had no more reason to travel with the caravan. He had much more important things to be doing.

"I... actually came East to find information on my father. I never knew him, but now that my mom's... gone, I wanted to know more about him. Maybe even track him down." He shrugged. Judging by this girl's age, he doubted she'd have known him. Her pack was never mentioned in any of the stories he'd heard from his mother, either- so for now, he'd resist asking more than just, "I don't think you'd know him. His name was Matteo. Matteo Trovato."

<style type="text/css">
.blue b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9e0e5;}
.blue p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.blue {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0f0e2d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RsVDS.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Bujaa.png);
background-position: center top, center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; padding: 100px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e90b3; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread