Somebody Save Me
[html]

She hadn't known what to expect when she came here. She could smell Saul, but would he be within the packlands? Would he be the one to hear her call and respond to it? Wretch wasn't looking forward to having to converse with a stranger, and bent to her knees to give the gods a quick prayer before returning to her feet to wait. Gideon had been interesting to travel with, to say the least. She called him "old man" more than anything else due to the way that he walked and his general grumpiness. The slightly older canine put up with it for the most part, arguing and bantering with her as often as sun shined. He always had something to say, whether it be about the Dawnrunners (Despicable, mangy mutts who needed to be destroyed), the family, or even occasionally his past. Wretch was not the only one nervous about returning to the normalcy of the life that they had grown up in.

A shout through the brush caught the attention of both canines. Gideon hobbled over to pull his spear from the wagon bed, holding it at his side as he tossed Wretch her slingshot and bag of pebbles. Whoever came to greet them might not be friendly...and they weren't in a position to run away with Tyr still grazing. She closed her eyes for a moment, desperately hoping that her father or another kindhearted canine would come racing through the hole in the surrounding brush. She was surprised when Ezra appeared, the brute who'd helped her in the past in a situation that likely would have meant an end to her if he hadn't shown up. They had both been loners at that time, though, how peculiar that she would see him here now!

He was one of the first familiar things that she had seen in the last few months (besides Gideon), and the fact that he'd come to greet her greatly enhanced her mood and attitude. A large, comical smile lit across her muzzle as he neared, and she reached out to try and hug the giant of a male. Nope, got my Uncle here to protect me now She joked. The grin seemed plastered onto her face. She just couldn't stop smiling! I didn't think you were much of a pack wolf! Seems I was wrong Her tail wagged steadily behind her. It had been so long since she had seen anyone that this was especially moving; she was just so very happy to see him. You're staying here, then? I'm hoping to join up! She shared.

She moved away from Ezra, head snapping to the side as another canine came into view. She wanted to run into his arms but worried that they might collide, and simply stood where she was with her arms open. Gideon turned his muzzle as well, tail thumping against the ground. He was shifted now and had been for the journey, but would likely shift down to protect and follow Wretch if they were allowed admittance. He didn't see any reason why they would be denied, but he could not guess after he had up and disappeared the last time. Saul's scent permeated the air around them as he neared, the same smell that lingered all around the border area. So his brother had been doing well for himself! He'd gotten his own pack and here he was to greet them.

Gideon turned to wrap his arms around both of them for a minute, giving them a tight squeeze before releasing the pair of them. He eyed Ezra a bit nervously now, as he didn't know the male that his niece had so readily approached. Wretch was as flighty as a bird most times and hated being touched without permission, he'd learned. Even if she was about to burn herself or trip, she would prefer to fall than have him try to help. So he was surprised that she'd been the one to initiate contact between herself and the husky. We've come back now, Brother. If you have a place for us...wherever "this" is He didn't even know the name of the place yet, but already accepted that it could be their new home. If it was where his family was, it was home.

<style type="text/css">
.wretch-02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#82a75d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #3a5a19; }
.wretch-02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.wretch-02 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#6e8755; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/PZAwW.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 310px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.wretch-02 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.wretch-02 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread