Homecoming
WHEE. Big Grin In your reply, feel free to have Saqui notice Gerenuk if you want Wink
[html]
[/html]The girl was forthcoming: after he greeted her, she revealed that she was an Utina (Nayati and Liliana’s daughter, perhaps?) and then quickly went on to explain that she was from the Great Tribe and had returned to her home. Claudius’ eyes widened only marginally as he realized that it meant she was indeed their child. And so the prodigal daughter returned.

He hadn’t realized that this was what she would look like. Throughout the war, the children had been more of a symbol than actual wolves, so he couldn’t remember if he recognized her. He was ashamed to think that he too had seen her as a symbol of Maska’s arrogance and not a living, breathing creature.

He noticed a small, white spirit guide poking its head out from under the horse. He tilted his head, watching the sleek animal as it nodded to Saqui. Claudius wondered what Gerenuk would think of this small creature. Even though Gerenuk was an herbivore, he thought that his long-legged friend would very much enjoy pretending to stomp on it. This brought a smile to his face: Gerenuk really was one strange and crazy spirit guide.

“Yuh-you a-a-are Na-a-aya-a-a-ti a-and… Li-li-i-i-i-ana’s… da-ha-a-a-aughter, then?” he asked. “I a-a-ask buh-becau-ause I nuh-knew yuh-your… mother,” he explained.[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread