disengaging from the management rail
[html]

A grin tugged at the corner of his mouth when Harvey talked about the origin of one of his scars: a spidery thing encircling his leg caused, evidently, by discarded wire. He looked down at himself, rubbing his fingers through his own fur. “That’s where most of my injuries come from,” he said, “but luckily none of them really scarred—except this old thing, old war wound and everything.” He reached up to tap a finger against the small scar by his eye, which caused his face to twitch briefly as it had been off and on throughout this entire meeting.

The red wolf quickly reared back slightly, holding up both paws as if they were hands to fend off the suggestion that Harvey might have been trying to trick him. It went to show how naïve he was, but he’d had little experience with such subtle plans. All the wolves that’d ever disliked him and sought to hurt him had done so overtly, or with so little a shield before their intentions as to be humiliating and condescending.

“I agree,” he said concisely for once, smiling, and his eyes got big and happy when the mottled reddish dog talked about London. Maybe Unatsi would have dreams about it; he’d dreamed some pretty strange things before, and big artsy ol’ huts wouldn’t be the strangest yet. He smiled and scratched behind one of his big ears with a hind paw. “Glad you like it here,” he added. “Do you think you’ll stay forever or go back to London? If you stay, would you ever join a pack? There has to be one for someone like you—I mean, I’d offer up AniWaya, too, but the Tribe is a lot of learning and I dunno if—” He shrugged awkwardly. “Well, uhh, I’d like to hang out with you more, I mean, even without you joining the Tribe or something, but—uhh—” He tried to reclaim his derailed train of thought, scowling and scratching harder at the side of his neck.

Word Count → 341

Not much in a Una mood so I apologize for the suck. Maybe we can wrap this up soon? We can have another in the near future if you'd like. :>

<style>
.redlayy {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HDevC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top left; background-color:#060606; width:98%; max-width:600px; margin:0px auto; padding:175px 0px 5px 0px; color:#C4A791; text-align:justify; font-family:georgia;font-size:13px; line-height:16px; word-spacing:.3px; border:5px solid #fff;}
.redlayy .input {background-color:#060606; opacity:0.6; margin:0px 10px;}
.redlayy b {color:#5A5225; font-weight:normal;}
.redlayy p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px; margin:0px;}
.redlayy p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; border-top:1px dotted #5A5225; margin:15px 15px 0px;}
.redlayy .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; font-size:11px; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; float:right; margin:20px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread