saddle warm
[html]
sorry for weirdness

The noises and movements coming from the horse were frightful, but it seemed to Unatsi that there wasn’t any aggression in it—no sudden explosion or rage or fear, no violence. It reminded him more of a child petulantly dealing with a task given to it, and he smiled although he kept a safe distance. While some in the Tribe might claim to understand the other beasts of the world, great and small, Unatsi had no illusions about his own understanding. He was deaf to their tongues, ignorant of their minds, and therefore had little to do with an animal that wasn’t his to eat. That wasn’t to say he disliked them, as respect for any breathing creature had been instilled in him from the beginning, but he was cautious as any wolf should be.

Io listed off the foods quickly, and his mind scrambled to categorize them. Once he had, and it seemed like the secui woman had nothing else to say, he nodded then stared at the ground in disappointment. That didn’t really help him at all, except maybe he’d know what the grains were for. Otherwise, with much of the livestock content with chomping on grass, it didn’t seem like there was a lot for him to do.

Knowing that his frowning was probably rude, the man tried to explain himself. “Sorry, I was just—I dunno, I guess expecting some great epiphany or something. Like, ‘Oh, whoa! I need to start growing this plant now! And here’s how!’ except that didn’t just happen, if you couldn’t gather from my lack of hopping and skipping.” His tone was dry, embellished with fake excitement at his fake revelation, and quickly faded off into nothing. “I just feel useless, and now I’m here ranting to you about it, when all you want me to do is put stupid bags of sand on your horse and stop talking and—” He turned and bent, resting his forehead against the wooden post in frustration. Why couldn’t he stop opening his big mouth?

<style type="text/css">
.una2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#732814;}
.una2 p {text-indent:35px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.una2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a1a86a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4vCbH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
+341
[/html]

Messages In This Thread