palms cupped like shovels
[html]

Not too much of one right now, no. And he's being a moody teenager anyway so that makes it worse. xD

Skoll had been afraid of what he might find in the upstairs room, but all of those fears were allayed when the white wolf smiled at him. He seemed almost normal in spite of his sheared Mohawk and his legs, but he wasn’t the puddle of sadness that the boy half-expected. He smiled awkwardly in return, dipping his head as he accepted the gratitude half-heartedly. He should have done this a long time ago, but he was too busy storming through the territory like a beast to give a thought for his comrades. It ashamed him, but shame made him feel nauseous, and he had to shove it aside.

“Yeah, it wasn’t hard,” the wolfdog said with a shrug when the other asked about the fawn. He normally didn’t mind hunting after small animals, and he might have been okay with the kill at another time, but his recent behavior coupled with how pathetic the baby creature was had bothered him more than he’d like to admit. He flattened his ears awkwardly when the other spoke about the fur, and he reached down to touch the soft pelt with the pads of his fingers.

“Oh, no, I don’t,” he said, brushing his hair out of his face. “I mean—well, could you teach me? Talk me through it? I’m afraid I’d just do a terrible job, but I’d like to try if you want the pelt.” It had become obvious to him how little he really knew how to do, and only his bad mood was keeping him from jumping at the chance to learn with his usual enthusiasm.

<style type="text/css">
.skollfoal {width:460px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U55r1.png); background-position:bottom center; background-color:#d6d6d7; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:20px 20px 260px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2a2b2a; line-height:18px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto;}
.skollfoal b {color:#929296; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #d6d6d7; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.skollfoal p {text-indent:30px; margin:0px; padding:3px 0px;}
.skollfoal p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread