Expecting the unexpected
[html]

The blind wolf was well aware of the approach of another. She heard the other wolf's soft steps and smelled her scent. Hotaru was only mildly interested in the approaching female. The wolf, although clearly a member of d'Arte, was a stranger to the Maven. Hotaru was familiar and on friendly terms with most of the members of the pack. The fact that she did not recognize the approaching wolf was a great stroke to her pride as a high ranking Artisan. To make things worse, the other female's scent was an unfortunate mixture of disease and pregnancy.

The strong taste of iron filled her mouth as she gingerly cleaned the shallow wound. Blind eyes looked at nothing while her ears perked forward when the other called out, asking if Hotaru was okay. The grey wolf gave one last lick, assuring that the wound was clean and the bleeding had mostly stopped. Rising her head, Hotaru turned so that she was sure that she was facing the other. "Yes, I'm quite alright thank you. Although, it seems as if I should be turning the question back towards you. Are YOU alright? Your health and current situation do not seem to go well together. Come, sit. I insist." Stretching her hand out, Hotaru gestured to a spot beside her.

Hotaru sat regally, turning back to her work and attempting to fix the lopsided design. Her hands moved even slower than usual to accommodate both her injury and to prevent another from happening. As she worked, the grey wolf said casually, "I do not believe we have met before, a failure on my part that I apologize for. What is your name, if I may ask?"

Table by Skye

<style>
.hotarugift3 b {color:#FFD56D;}
.hotarugift3 p {text-indent:30px; padding:0px 20px 0px 20px; margin: 0px 0px 10px 0px;}
.hotarugift3 {font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; color:#751700; letter-spacing:.1pt; line-height:9pt; padding:130px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #fff; outline:1px solid #000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YwE1j.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-color:#FF4614; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread