Expecting the unexpected
Hotaru was used to other wolves not realizing she was blind. Most stumbled upon the issue halfway through their conversations, and one needed to have it spelled out for him. Hotaru had been told that her eyes don't reflect their disability, but she figured it would be obvious. Did other's just assume she had sight because of her confidence? Or was it because she could carve? The grey wolf wasn't born blind, so she could understand their confusion a little. However, having so many caught off guard became annoying, especially when they tried to test her.

The female's confusion made Hotaru's ear flick in slight disbelief. Did she not know the full extent of her "condition?" If that was the case then Hotaru didn't want to be the one to break the news. There was no tact to it and she didn't even know the wolf. Even so, keeping silent was annoying and very hard. "I see..." The blind female tried to distract herself with her carving.

Eclipse. The Maven committed her name and scent to memory, making sure she remembered the female she had wrongly ignored. "A pleasure to meet you Eclipse. My name is Hotaru, I'm the Maven of d'Arte. As for what I am making, it's nothing of consequence. Just a little practice is all." Hotaru's hands continued to work, attempting to fix the celtic knots. Shaving's of wood fell onto the pregnant female's belly, dropping to her lap, or onto the ground.

After a few more strokes, Hotaru couldn't take it. She wanted to ask, to know if the other was really oblivious of her pregnancy. If so, in her condition it would be dangerous for the pups, or so the pregnant female told herself to justify butting into Eclipses private business. "When do you expect to be due?"

Messages In This Thread