Stop me before I hurt someone
[html]

Sunrise meadow, close to the boarders. Midnight

Word Count → 246

Kiara couldn't stand waiting. Her son was somewhere out in the wide world, alive and far from safe. Kohaku was with Amy, and the possible tortures she was putting him through haunted Kiara's nightmares. She could see his beautiful body stretched out beneath her in a pool of blood, his wondrous puppy blue eyes faded and lifeless. Kiara had become restless at night, and it took all of her energy and brain power just to keep her daughter happy.

Lucia wasn't stupid, Kiara was sure of that. The young mother knew that Lucia was aware that something was troubling the pack, but she just hoped that her daughter didn't know what. It was the scarred mother's deepest wish that Lucia would remain in the dark. She was so young, and didn't need to understand the ugly side of life. Lucia was the only thing keeping her mother grounded, but Kiara's patience had run thin.

Cicada's called out loudly into the night. Their long mournful cries echoed in Kiara's heart as she walked through the field towards the boarder. The moon shone brightly above, illuminating Kiara's path and making her alabaster form look spectral in the dim light. Bright sapphire eyes glowed as she walked with a hunter's grace. Kiara had left her sleeping daughter next to Tharin in their corner of the pack den. Leaving ND to search for Kohaku was stupid and she knew it. However, it was torturous to simply wait and do nothing.

<style type="text/css">
.kiaratree b {font-weight:bold; color:#dbe3ff; text-shadow:#0a273b 0px 0px 1px;}
.kiaratree p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kiaratree {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#2a4c56; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/20js9j6.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #420503; padding: 470px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#60848f; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.kiaratree .wordcount {color:#60848f; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dashed #dbe3ff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
.kiaratree .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread