Next to nothing. [AW]
[html]<style type="text/css">
.INKchanges {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#3e210c url(http://i.imgur.com/ecc4H.png) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.INKchanges .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em; text-align: justify;color:#b09c8b;}
.INKchanges .box {width:340px;height:320px;float:right;}
.INKchanges p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;}
.INKchanges .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.INKchanges .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #b66647; margin:0 350px 5px auto;}
.INKchanges b {color:#b66647;font-family:georgia}
.INKchanges .header {color:#b66647;font-family:'Caesar Dressing', georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;padding-bottom:10px}
.INKchanges b:before {
content: open-quote; }
.INKchanges b:after {
content: close-quote; }</style>

INK.

Emotional Trovatos are always emotional. ._.

The woman's reaction was far from what he'd been expecting. She barked a short laugh and shrilled her response- she knew him. She knew him well. Once Ink got over the fact that she was acting almost batshit, he realized- this was the mate he'd left behind. This was Gemma. Oh gods.

Ink's ears fell back, touching his shoulders as he stepped away, tail falling completely limp. I-I'm so sorry, ma'am. I... I didn't know. I... He looked to the male beside her for help, solance, anything. He didn't know how to act for this, he didn't know what to say. As he turned back to look at the scarred woman, he realized something- this could've been his family. Had Matteo never left AniWaya, this woman probably would've been his mother. A pang of guilt... shame... hurt.

In the only way he could figure out how, he dropped to his knees and bowed his head to her. Please forgive my father for leaving. My mother told me about you, that he'd missed you every night he'd stayed. Then, as he looked down, he saw the glint of the ring on his necklace and remembered the story behind it. He looked up at her again and in a bold move, something he'd never done before, took the chain from his neck and held the ring out to her. He kept this. My mother stole it from him when he left, but I've held on to it since I found it. She told me... she told me this had been yours. He never... he never forgot about you. I swear he didn't. He was crying. He didn't even know why, but the sight of the woman so worked up and the memories of stories of his father wrapping together into one true storyline... he felt for her. Felt the pain his father had the day he'd left. With shaking hands, he held the ring to her, for her to take or refuse. He'd make things right. He had to.

He had to correct his father's mistakes, as many as he could, to clear his family name and to make things right again. Starting with Gemma.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread