Next to nothing. [AW]
Light's grip grew painful and his claws dug into her skin, almost breaking it. His muzzle was thrust close to the stump of her ear and his voice hissed across her skin, making her shudder with repressed emotions,
"Calm down Little Gemma." She took a few breaths to try to steady herself, tears threatened to fall, pooling in her sapphire eyes and the woman let out a single broken sob that was half laughter. This wasn't happening to her, it wasn't, she was dreaming.

"I..." Her jaw clicked shut tight as he held out the ring, the one she had gotten Matteo. She wondered briefly what he had done with his christian pendant she had found for him too, the one with the sapphire set in it. She had been so loving back then, so foolish to think her dreams might have been realized. Though the barbed wire and fences of AniWaya separated the two hybrids she reached out over it and took hold of it. For one fierce second she almost threw it away from herself but her fist clenched tight, holding it within. All of her old anger and hurt continued to burn and rush forwards, unstoppable.

"He left me alone in a strange pack, with no idea how to hunt, who anyone was, who I could trust. Because of him I was mauled, and raped, again. Because he wasn't here to protect me like he said he would always be. I bore his children, alone." The lie was so ingrained into her now there was no hesitation as it tripped off her tongue, so often she had repeated it that it was almost like truth to her now. Light let go of her shoulder and crossed his arms, looking down upon the young boy. Out of everyone she knew, he was the only one who knew the full story, of Giuseppe and of Frodo.

Messages In This Thread