But I can't do this all on my own
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table7.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: aww they're both so insecure! ;n;
WC: 527

Coli was grateful for the shadows, as they hid the glimmer of fresh tears welling in her blue eyes. She blinked rapidly, struggling to keep her emotions in check as she waited. She held her breath, willing her face to appear blank and normal. She needed to look normal. She was always scattered, but she could fake normal in front of others. Usually, at least, but it was getting harder. Maybe neither Virding was home, and she would have to try again tomorrow. That wouldn't be so bad. But she could hear the faint sound of footsteps approaching from the inside, and she straightened her posture, choking down the wave of anxiety that crashed over her as the door handle clicked. She exhaled in obvious relief as Lilin came into view, faint candlelight illuminating the glossy curls of her mane, shining in the vivid mediterranean blue hues of her gaze.

Lilin was so beautiful, always with the exotic grace she carried herself with -- and now there seemed to be a healthy glow about her, no doubt her happiness from having taken a mate. She was wearing some sort of dress tonight, one of the long and flowing fabrics she often adorned herself in; the rich color and accentuated curves formed a harsh contrast with the drab and bulky cloak Coli had hidden herself behind. She didn't know anything about clothing, but already she felt shabby in comparison, and bowed her head in a shy greeting. "Y... you look very pretty tonight... s-sorry to bother you," she mumbled, shuffling her feet anxiously. Her natural cowardice made her almost turn around right then, but she really needed to talk to someone. And Lilin was the closest family she had.

She felt the strangest urge to throw herself into her sister's arms, clinging to her the way she had when she first stumbled across their borders, dripping wet and broken. But she did not; she had her inhibitions about contact, and even when the embrace would bring her comfort, she did not know how to ask for it. Gingerly she stepped through the doorway, entering the home Lilin and Saul shared. "...Oh, that's good... I mean, I just wanted to see you, it's not... erm... congratulations, by the way," she uttered lamely, gesturing to the interior of their home. It was a momentous event for her sister, moving in with Saul and becoming his mate; Coli was happy for them, even if she had been surprised by the news. They could have confided in her... but she should have been more perceptive, should have guessed the real reason they spent so much time together. She had been so wrapped up in her own mess, she had not been a very good friend.

She fiddled with her claws, staring down at the wooden floorboards. She felt so guilty about being oblivious to their romance, and nervous of how Lilin might react to her inauspicious news. Where should she start? This was such a difficult topic, even harder to talk about than their father. She glanced helplessly to Lilin, wishing she could simply read her mind and be done with it.

Table by Syd!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread