But I can't do this all on my own
[html]
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa22 ... table7.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc: d'aww... ;n;
WC: 518

Coli felt Lilin's eyes linger on the rune carved into her chest, and her own fingers strayed to the newly-healed scar, touching it for reassurance. She didn't know if the dog's mark would have left a scar or not, but she couldn't risk carrying that signature in her skin as proof he had dominated her. Ironic, given what she was carrying now. She had a sneaking suspicion that Miskunn Stormbringer had known all along -- those silver eyes had been so piercing, so intuitive, and the words she spoke that night could have held a double meaning. Did the Godja actually use runes for fortunetelling, or did she merely command a knowledge of what they could portend? The one she had chosen for Colibri was supposed to be a catalyst, bringing change as well as conflict. It was certainly true now.

Lilin's fingers abruptly released their grip, and Coli cringed, knowing she had finally seen what she was supposed to. This wasn't how she wanted to become a mother, disgraced and clouded with fear. It was supposed to be joyful, a culmination of her greatest wish come to life. Once she had daydreamed about names, trying to picture the faces of her future sons and daughters with the features of a mate she never found. Now that she was actually with child, it was too hard to imagine any sort of future.

"W-well," Coli began shakily, trying to steady her voice. She was trying to be as calm as she could, but it was so hard to form the words when her throat was choked with emotion. "My mother died when I was born... there were complications during labor," she explained faintly, touching the foreign bulge in her stomach as though to reaffirm her incredulity. "Her pack didn't want to keep me, and that's how I came to live with... with our father. That's how he told the story, anyway. I..." She tried to swallow the lump in her throat, but it was getting harder to speak around it. She knew her nervous dithering could be annoying, but how was she supposed to ask for a favor this large? She was already in debt for being given a home here, for the protection and friendship she had been offered for nothing in return.

"...I was hoping you could promise me that, that, as their aunt, you.... you'd take care of them, in case the same thing happens... in case I die." She drew a deep shuddering breath, exhaling slowly in an effort to compose herself. But she had reached her limit. Her impassive countenance crumpled and she began to cry. Tears welled up in her blue eyes, spilling onto her cheeks before she had the chance to bury her face in her hands. She was so afraid this pregnancy was going to kill her. They had been conceived through violence, after all. She whimpered, turning away from Lilin out of shame. She wanted to be brave for her sister, but she could not keep the mood swings in check. Now that everything was exposed, she couldn't stop sobbing.

Table by Syd!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread