But I can't do this all on my own
[html]
Word Count :: 396 :>

Her body's sudden animation was as impromptu as her sister's forthcoming request. Lilin had not an inkling of what was to come and as a way to cope with the unknown, her mediterranean gaze was redirected to the wooden floor. She was already leaning over, picking up the heavy cloak at the chocolate Hollr's feet when words blanketed the tangible discomfort between the two females. She straightened up then, chancing a furtive glance in Colibri's direction just as her dam's tragic fate was revealed. Her dichotomous receivers lowered slightly in response, understanding how this could amplify her half-sibling's anxiety. Lilin felt somewhat inept with situations such as this. Her love for Colibri was unrivaled; expressing such a thing, however, was no easy feat. ''I'm sorry,'' she replied quietly, knowing her sister might've had a chance at a better life had her mother not perished during childbirth.

From that moment on, Lilin understood the reason behind their conversation and why it could not have waited until morning. ''It won't happen to you.'' It couldn't. The Virding wasn't in a position to make promises, she knew. Her sibling's insecurities weren't unfounded; the thought was morbid but realistic. If anything, this possibility could also apply to her. Her faith in the Gods gave her all the conviction needed to make such a bold statement. Colibri was a believer too now, bearer of Thurisaz - symbol of strength and fertility. The Godja had already blessed her womb. ''I will,'' she acquiesced finally, not fully understanding why she had been chosen out of the more experienced pack mates. She had no affinity with children but she knew better than to question a decision already made.

It wasn't long before Colibri's composure desintegrated right before her eyes, leaving her completely helpless in the midst of all the turmoil. ''Please don't cry,'' she pleaded with a soft whine, unable to withstand seeing her relative in such pain. Hesitantly, a hand was brought up in an attempt to caress her sister's long, chocolate mane. ''You'll be okay. We'll be okay,'' she offered reassuringly, casting one last look at the wooden door before she murmured a secret of her own. ''Coli, I think I might be pregnant too,'' she whispered weakly, partly hoping her announcement would go unheard through the heavy sobs.

Photo courtesy of VinothChandar, texture by DH-Textures

<style>
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#becfcf; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 {background-color:#303e3e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fefefe; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6803/lilrain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:329px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread