But I can't do this all on my own
[html]
Word Count :: 407 Nooo! Miyu posts are delicious!!

Her announcement had thankfully been enough to soothe Coli down and calm the hysterics. The sobbing eventually subsided and with a relieved sigh, Lilin allowed some of the tension in her body to melt away. Her personality lacked greatly in interpersonal skills; she had a difficult time comforting a grown woman - how was she supposed to raise children appropriately? She was far too young, far too inexperienced for such an immense undertaking. Unlike her eldest sibling, motherhood was far from her priorities - it had, in fact, never even crossed her mind. ''I think so,'' she replied quietly, absently twirling a lock of Colibri's hair around her finger. She was staring off into space, mediterranean irises focused on nothingness as she spoke. ''Don't tell him, Coli. I need some time to figure things out.''

She knew Colibri and Saul both spent a considerable amount of time together tending to the gardens; while Lilin trusted her sister, she didn't want news of her pregnancy slipping out while conversing with him. Saul would never forgive her for not going to him first if that were to happen. A reassuring smile tugged at her lips when her sibling began apologizing profusely and needlessly. ''I'm not upset. Childbirth complications aren't what I'm afraid of,'' she admitted finally, pulling her hand away now that the Hollr's emotions had been redirected elsewhere - away from fear and anxiety. For once, her facial expression was enough to fill the gaps and replace the silence. Colibri didn't know much about Lillith but she had fallen victim to their sire's antics, surely she would understand. Their family didn't exactly meet the requirements for a stable gene pool.

Both of her parents were completely mad and a small percentage of the same DNA flowed in Saul's veins, too. Incest and Insanity were a perfect recipe for disaster. ''My mother and our father, they were insane. And we're cousins, him and I- I really don't know who to thank yet.'' Loving each other was bad enough, conceiving children was perhaps going too far. With a sigh, the Soulstorm heir hugged the cloak tighter against her body. ''It's getting late and I'd really like it if you slept here tonight. You can use Temeraire's old room.'' Anticipating a protest, she turned and made her way to the recently abandoned bedroom with the cloak in hand, knowing her sibling certainly wouldn't leave without it.

Photo courtesy of VinothChandar, texture by DH-Textures

<style>
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 p {padding:0px 1px 5px 1px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 b {font-family:verdana; color:#becfcf; margin:5px; font-size:9px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 {background-color:#303e3e; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; color:#fefefe; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/6803/lilrain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:329px 0px 5px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d;}
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .inner {margin:0 20px; border-radius:0px; border:0px ; }
.KMTT24611_LilRain1 .ooc {text-align:left; font-family:verdana; color:#000000; font-size:9px; padding:1px 18px 0px 18px; border-bottom:2px dotted #000000; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread