Of Catnip and Kittens
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Ah, we can close this up and focus on our other one. Wink You can post an ending, or just archive it, whichever you please!

WC: 328

Ciaran rose to his paws and rubbed against her, curling his fluffy tail about her legs. At first she wasn't sure what he was doing, but it was obviously affectionate and she soon giggled at the ticklish sensation of his long fur entwining with her own. She glanced up to see Niernan's smile, and his surprising words. She blinked owlishly, looking back down at the cat. Ciaran liked her? "I didn't think I left much of an impression," she admitted, tilting her head curiously as she scratched beneath his chin. "I guess you liked when I fed you at the feast, huh?" she cooed to him, happily stroking his cheeks. She had never had any sort of pet or companion, but she had to admit she liked Ciaran. He was very pretty and soft.

Niernan mentioned he was a higher rank than her now. Rank meant little to Coli since she saw herself as the bottom tier regardless, but it was wonderful that Nier was getting recognition for all his efforts. He deserved it. "Congratulations on the promotion," she said quickly, though she noticed he looked distracted already. She waited patiently for the rest of the news, ears perking forward curiously as Nier acted embarrassed again, as sheepish as he'd been about his artwork. He glanced away for a moment, running his hand through his mane before divulging the real reason he was so giddy today. He had a girl...!

"Ooh, lucky Grace," she said with a grin. "Hope she keeps you in line! You'll have to introduce me sometime..." As always she felt a twinge of jealousy that her packmates were pairing off with each other and she was still alone, but it wasn't like she saw Niernan in a romantic way. She genuinely wished him the best of luck, and hoped this Grace was a good match. Maybe someday Coli would find a girl, too. Or a cat. It might be easier to get a cat.

Stock photo credit: ArrsistableStock@deviantART
[/html]

Messages In This Thread