playing with the shadows
[html]

If I had words to make a day for you,

I'd give you a morning, golden and true.

I would make this day last for all time,

Give you a night deep in moonshine.

[448]
I dread to think how many points this thread is worth between us! XDD it was lovely, we should have another Saulibri thread soon <33

The answering words that came from the fragile entity that was Colibri Haki was surprisingly free of stuttering letters, it was direct. Saul couldn't help the tug of his lips, the softest of snorts. It was good to see her stick up for herself, even if it was to put herself down again. Perhaps one day, she would be able to apply this bluntness with which she defended her 'uselessness' to other aspects of her life. Thinking on it logically, there might never be a time when Colibri was confident and happy with what was happening around her. From what Saul knew of her, and he was learning more every time they came here, that the opinion of herself was worse than nothing, she didn't feel as if she deserved anything from anyone. Saul didn't exactly have the words to tell her that love was unconditional- familial love was there no matter how useless the other thought they were. Coli might not be blood related to him, and they'd only met half a year ago. But she was vital, an integral part of his life.

He remained quiet, not feeling the need to interrupt her thoughts or comment on her words. Instead, he allowed idle hands to tug at a small weed he'd missed. Soon, they would have to design some kind of cover for the plants they'd set up here- some of them weren't winter friendly and fall was creeping up surprisingly quick. No sooner had that thought entered his mind, another popped up just as quick. By the end of autumn, Colibri would have her children. There would be tiny mouths to feed, more than they were used to. Saul remembered Melee and Range back in Dahlia, small and helpless but with Gideon to look after them. Jace's pups had been born when he was gone, but he'd met Dalgina when she was still small. His own son was a great experience for him, but he hadn't had all too much exposure to newborns at the very least.

The chocolate womans soft, lifeless words caused him to look up, a fond ghost of a smile on his lips. He would give her anything she needed, anything she wanted and everything she was too stubborn or self-doubting to have. And right now, that was time. With a slowness, he reached over and squeezed the females hand once before clambering to his feet. I'm always here if you need me. He said, his voice almost too soft to hear, but he hoped she'd caught his promise. With one final look over her breakable form, he turned back towards Jordheim, a creamy paw rubbing over a tired face.

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... +Light+Two);
#saulTXTa {
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:13px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#saulTXTa .quote {
height:200px; width:300px;
float: right;
background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/VOypx.png);
background-repeat:no-repeat;
background-position:center center;
text-align:center;
font-family:
}
#saulTXTa p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#saulTXTa .quote p {
text-indent:0;
padding-top:40px;
font-family: 'Shadows Into Light Two', cursive;
font-size:18px;
line-height:24px;
}
#saulTXTa p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:left; margin:5px;
}
#saulTXTa .txtooc {
font-style:italic; }
#saulTXTa .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#saulTXTa b { letter-spacing:.5px; }
#saulTXTa u { text-decoration: underline; }
#saulTXTa b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#saulTXTa b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread