unmade plans
[html]
sorrrrryyyy!!

The temperature of their room seemed to plummet, even though logically Saul knew it hadn't actually happened. He felt cold though, seeing the despondency in his mate. Fear, real and cooling his body until a shiver broke out over him, slid down his spine, green eyes flickering across his mates well known face, searching for something in there, anything that could help him. It was perhaps in this moment that Saul thought about how young they were, how they never really knew how to deal with problems because, in the naivety of the youth, it was better to distract than to deal with it. When her eyes flickered away from his own, a deep frown marring her beautiful face, Saul felt his stomach clench softly. He felt a little relieved however when she spoke- even though the content was almost accusing, it was better than silence. The softest shake of his head was accompanied by the slightest of smiles- logically should would have had to tell him sooner or later, she would be showing soon. No, I guess you would have had to mention something... He offered, his tone subdued but attempting humour.

Of course, the next thought that seemed to catch Lilin's attention caused a look of disbelief to colour her blue eyes darker as she looked up at him. The question she asked erased all thoughts of humour from his features, in fact he felt as though his body had been plunged into water. The automatic shake of his head not enough to display his own disbelief. Never, Lilin. He spoke, voice firm before he dropped his head into both hands and scrubbed his face vigorously. That's not what I meant. He mumbled through his hands, pressing his fingers in to his closed eyes before her words caused him to look up. The uncertainty in her voice, the frustration that was evident when she spoke about Teme, the doubts she had about her own mothering abilities made Saul think of Colibri and he couldn't help the soft, wordless whine from his lips.

You're not a mother, Lilin. How could you know if you're 'Mother Material'? As for Teme, he is the most difficult child to talk to in the first place, everyone have problems having a conversation with him... except maybe Bran and Niernan. He admitted, knowing from his own experience that his son was more of a do-er than a thinker or a talker. He wasn't too worried about the boy, he seemed healthy enough both body and mind and Saul was certain he would know if there really was anything wrong with him. Thoughts of his son were forgotten when she spoke, two simple words that seemed to sum up the entirety of her feelings. This was her real cause for concern, her real reason for the apparent freak out.

Distantly. Was his knee jerk reaction, though he quieted when she spoke again, voicing more serious concerns. It had crossed his mind, once or twice, that their children might have problems. Of course, he wasn't a planner, but when Lilin had agreed to be hit mate and they'd consummated their partnership, it had been a secret fantasy of his, little Saul's and Lilin's running about. It hadn't been without worry, that their relation would cause them problems. He couldn't deny that they were valid concerns. I can't say it doesn't concern me... but Miskunn told us how distantly we were related and if there is anything wrong with them, we can deal with it. He was trying to reassure her, but knowing they had the same concerns wasn't going to help.

<style type="text/css">
.freeba703 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e7e1d8; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #18130b; }
.freeba703 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.freeba703 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#203341; background-image:url(http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i32 ... /sZvvY.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #041521; padding: 0px 0px 170px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#afb8c0; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #203341; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.freeba703 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.freeba703 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
605+

[/html]

Messages In This Thread