Sundered
Augustus leaped backwards, surprise in his features. Tharin was too tired to react. He just stared at Augustus, waiting for the epsilon to calm down enough to take it in. Glancing down at the pup Tharin remembered how frightened she'd been, shivering with fear and pain. She'd been hurt, despite her youth. Not a bad injury, just limping, but still one that he held Amy responsible for. She is a pup. There was no other explanation needed beyond that for him. As she was a pup, she needed to be protected and raised. That was all there was to it. It was a natural instinct, caring for youth. They were the pack's future.

She is now. Tharin stood tall, daring Augustus to challenge him on that. I could not leave her as she was. Tharin was not one to step in and pick a fight. If it had been an adult wolf that Amy had captured and tormented Tharin would have walked away and thought no more of it. An adult could protect itself, and if it couldn't then that was simply the law of survival of the fittest. Pups were a different case though. They weren't able to defend themselves. That's why the pack cared for them. She does not know. Tharin wouldn't tell her something like that.

In a flash Tharin was on his feet, growling at Augustus. Even though the epsilon was larger than him, he would fight. Blood dripped slowly from his injured leg, hackles raised as he stood over the pup. You're the one being a fool now! You would turn a pup away and let it die? I may not have been strong enough to defeat Amy, but I saved the pup! She is New Dawn's now, and you will treat her as pack!

Messages In This Thread