Remember me?
[html] don’t mind oblivious Alder!

His mother’s love for the forest and her devotion to plants and especially trees was something Alder had grown up with, obviously. It had never seemed odd or out of place in the gentle lands of his birth pack. And though his name was given to him after a tree, nothing about it seemed strangely-ordinary. They all saw their namesakes as proud and powerful beings, beautiful in one way and yet strong enough to withstand the time of man and luperci. My mother, she has always held a kinship with them. he said with a smile. If I had been a girl, I think I would have been called Juniper. he added with jest in his tone.

Alder rose to gather the jerky that he stored in a saddlebag. And when he sat back down he did so closer to the woman, who replied with the comment about an alder tree. He handed her the smoke meat, dried and tough but still flavorful and filling, and he wore a small smile. Alder didn’t truly understand the hidden tone that lay beneath her friendly words, and was not one to routinely search for such things. Especially off the tongue of a woman. He felt the normal friendship feeling when he looked at her, and her heavy gaze was just seen as something curious when he added innocently, I named Hawthorn after a tree too, he was standing beside one when we first met. It was indeed what had happened, and Alder took a bite of the jerky as he remembered the day.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread