[aw] palladio
[html]
(480) Dated for the 9th. Whew, shifting time! Free for anyone to join, free posting order, and all that good stuff.

"Cody, pick me up again!" She ran around her brother's feet once more as he hopped around her, scared that he would step on her. Finally, he stopped walking altogether, and from above the voice sounded. "Lena, stop! You're too heavy for me to pick up again. Besides, I'm tired... I just wanna go back to the den." The girl huffed and stopped weaving around the boy's feet, and allowed him to walk in peace.

They had been out at the river for their morning drink when it happened. They had just arrived at the river and had begun to drink when Cody stated that he felt funny. Then, it just happened all too fast for her to even give a second thought about it at the time. She heard the familiar muted snapping and clicking of bones, and while Cody was highly nervous, she told him it was alright, that he was just shifting. Shifting! For the first time! That only meant it wasn't long until she was able to walk around on two legs, too! Her brother seemed indifferent about it, but she knew deep down he must have been excited too.

The process took a good ten minutes, and after playing around for another few, they decided to head back to the den to tell everyone the news. "What do you think they are going to say, Cody?" "I don't know... Maybe nothing? I mean, I think they don't like shifting, but I don't know." She sensed a bit of dismay in him, and she remembered how self-conscious he was. With a hopeful smile, she rubbed her head against his right leg, and murmured encouragingly, "They're going to be happy, just I know it!" He was quiet, but she knew that she made him a bit more hopeful.

When they made it to the den, she was starting to feel a little stirring in her. But, distracted by her brother's new form, she pushed the feeling away and sat close to her brother as they sat in the entrance of the den. A minute passed, and the feeling came back again, stronger and more noticable. She furrowed her brows at it, and tried to focus on it as she tried to think what it was. The more she thought about it, the more she felt it, and suddenly--pop! Both Lena and Cody were surprised by the noise, and while the girl jumped, the boy held her gently with his hands.

"Lena...!" For a moment, she was scared; more popping sounds came from within her, and she felt herself moving when she actually wasn't. But, her brother's touch comforted her, and she answered shakily, already knowing what he was going to say, "I think so!" She could feel the boy's stare bearing into her, and he kept a light hand on her as she began to transform slowly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread