Want you to hold my hand
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 361

Coli was startled from her thoughts by the sound of a voice. "Oh, good morning," she replied automatically, blinking in surprise at the stranger that appeared from around the corner. She did not recognize his face or his scent at all, but he wore the same carved pendant around his neck that she did -- a new joiner, then. Coli had not been particularly social as of late, and Jordheim village was filling up with all the packmates she had not met. She touched her own Frithr pendant self-consciously, making sure it was visible above the cloak, as she paused to study him more closely. He was young (perhaps Temeraire's age?), but growing into his height, slender and long-legged with a youthful softness to his expression. She would almost describe him as pretty, fine white fur accentuated with black points to draw attention to his tall ears and his unusual eye color.

Males, even male packmates, typically drew a frightened response from Colibri; no matter how hard she tried to suppress it, the heavy musk of their virile pheromones incited a revulsion too deep-rooted to shake off. But when they were still young, or adolescent like this stranger, they were not threatening to her. Instead, she felt that inexplicable fondness for pups that made her want to take care of them, regardless of the situation.

"Um, you... seem a little thin, would you like to go hunting with me?" She asked awkwardly, brushing her long mane from her eyes. Hunting was something packmates did together, right? Coli wasn't exactly sociable most days, but she was feeling particularly lonely and vulnerable lately, and this young man didn't know anything about her so he couldn't judge her poor skills. "Y-you don't have to, that's just where I'm going," she added, gesturing vaguely toward the treeline surrounding Jordheim. Her ears fell back apprehensively, hoping she hadn't come on too strong. Saul and Niernan were always super friendly, perhaps she should try to imitate them next time instead of trying her own faltering attempts at making a friend. They would have laughed at her if they could see how hard she was trying this morning...

Stock photo credit: ArrsistableStock@deviantART
[/html]

Messages In This Thread