Want you to hold my hand
[html]
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p292 ... rtable.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

WC: 515

The youth took a step back, black-tipped ears perked forward as he considered her proposal. He was modest in his reply, admitting honestly that he might not be an ideal partner. His insecurity only mirrored her own, though, and she was silently grateful that she had not made a mistake in offering her companionship. "Oh, is that so? I... w-well, I can't say I'm particularly talented at it either, especially not since I lost my tail," she elaborated, flustered. She knew the cloak she was wearing hid the little stub of a tail she was left with, and perhaps that was for the better; she cut a rather shabby figure, even on her best days. It wasn't any secret, though, she had lost it many seasons ago, and with practice had regained most of the balance she had lost at first. "Between the two of us, though, we might have better luck." She hoped, at least. It would be a good idea for her to focus more on catching and storing food these next weeks and less on her beloved gardens, knowing that her mobility would become more restricted the further her condition progressed. Maybe if they hit it off, the young male would want to come with her again and they could help each other.

"It's nice to meet you, Ink. I take it you're new here?" she asked amiably, finally returning his grin with a shy smile of her own. She felt less nervous and foolish now that she saw how polite he was. "My name is Colibri Haki, but you can just call me Coli if you like. My house is near here, the one with the flowers." She began walking again, as he waved her on. She was ambling at an easy pace, the most she could muster with her swollen ankles. There was no way she could chase after prey, but she had a different plan in mind, some sort of ambush. Perhaps she could lie in wait and Ink could chase prey to her. Her heavy cloak might function as a net of sorts, to snare squirrels before they could reach the safety of the trees... She had a few ideas, all of which were easier with a partner.

"I guess I learned the basics on my own," Coli replied offhandedly, thinking back on the hazy memories of her childhood. It was a lifetime ago. "I usually hunt on all fours, though, it's easier to react to little movements and pounce on things. I can't shift right now, though, because... erm, medical condition," she explained awkwardly, realizing she didn't want to lie to someone she barely knew, but she wasn't particularly proud of the truth either. "I'd be happy to teach you anything you want to learn, though," she added quickly, glancing back to make sure he was following. She liked to share any kind of knowledge she could, since it made her feel useful to younger generations. Hunting had never been much of a strong suit for her, though, which was the main reason she was typically underweight...

Stock photo credit: ArrsistableStock@deviantART
[/html]

Messages In This Thread