Want you to hold my hand
[html]

"Elias Rosen? Nah, haven't met him yet. I'm sure we'll meet up eventually, though." Ink rolled his shoulders in a shrug, making a note to keep an ear out for the name in the future- she sounded hopeful that he'd befriend this 'Elias', so he'd make a point to do so, if only to grant the lady's wish. As they walked, he considered Colibri with interest- she didn't seem injured or invalid in any way. Why would she need a youngin's help, especially considering his lack of skills? His thoughts didn't continue far- she had more to say.

She'd been a yearling when she'd become a rogue- a loner. Her words made sense and he smiled, tail waving slowly behind him. "I guess we both bit off more than we could chew, huh?" Sheepish smile followed- he wasn't sure what her story was, why she'd left home early, but it didn't matter none. So far, Coli was turning out to be an interesting and friendly face. A good new friend, perhapes.

It was her news that stopped him dead in his tracks. She explained that she was pregnant, showing off her baby bump to him and asking him to keep it low profile. He tilted his head, ears going uneven. "Wow, uh... okay. I won't tell anyone. Promise." He wasn't sure why she'd want to keep it a secret or why she looked so... upset about it. Weren't children a blessing? He wouldn't pry. Not now, anyway. The silence that followed was, for him, uncomfortable- how was he supposed to react to that? He'd never interacted with a pregnant woman before. His family back in the Caravan had made a big deal over it- was he still too young to be around her? He wasn't sure.

The stopped, finally. She explained and pointed out squirrels or something- he paid attention but in the aftermath of her admission, his mind wasn't completely on task. He eyed the nest- or was it a drey?- with curiousity, careful with his movements now that they'd 'spotted their target'. "...So..." He waited for her instruction, having never hunted with someone else before- none less hunted sqirrels. He hadn't realized they were even edible.

<style type="text/css">
.blue b {font-weight:bold; color:#a9e0e5;}
.blue p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.blue {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#0f0e2d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/RsVDS.png), url(http://i.imgur.com/Bujaa.png);
background-position: center top, center bottom;
background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; border:1px solid #1F571A; padding: 100px 0px 100px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6e90b3; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread