i'll trip back to you
[html]ooc: I honestly have no good excuse for the delay and poor quality of this post.

The Gamma's pale face as still twisted into an expression of confusion and general repulsion, and the hackles along his spine raised ever so slightly as he pressed his cool, damp nose against the strange surface. It didn't smell any different from a normal rock, if he were being honest; years of decomposition, he assumed, rendered it about as harmful as one of the pebbles that littered the ground around him. Still, he knew what they were and it made Shandom want to never, ever associate with this pack. But they were so close to New Dawn; horrific images ran through his mind as he thought about the danger his family might be in. Part of him, though, had to be grateful that Anathema were further - the idea of Naniko's pretty head being used as some morbid kind of marker made the Gamma physically ill.

A female scent drifted on the wind, and Shandom internally scolded himself when he looked up to see the small coy-woman so close to him. Despite her significantly smaller stature, the Gamma was reminded of danger when he looked at her. Scars mottled her lithe body, and there was an air of authority around the grey woman that made the Qi'Vaex man suspect she was in a position of power in this strange pack. Her voice was cool when she spoke, and Shandom, reminded of the manners he'd been taught his whole life, barely stifled a warning growl. Still, the Gamma did not back down from her, instead letting his mismatched and half useless gaze meet hers.

Forgive me for my curiosity - the skulls of my brothers litter your borders, and I could not help but take a closer look, Shandom drawled, his deep voice lacking its characteristic friendliness. The Gamma did not understand, did not want to understand - these people, it appeared, were murders. He would never really understand coyotes, but he never could have imagined that there would be a pack, clan, family, whatever they called themselves; that decorated their borders in such a vulgar fashion. It was remarkably unclassy.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread