i'll trip back to you
[html]

Vesper tried to be understanding when it came to how others viewed her clan, but there was little she could to when others grew aggressive. She believed that many Inferni practices were justified, at any rate, and hated it when she couldn’t make others understand them—namely, that the dark fire clan largely had its bad reputation due to others striking them first. Coyotes were hated and cast aside, and they became a threat when banded together—and, therefore, wars began, trouble started, territories swapped and blood spilled. She did not make excuses for some of her comrades—those who hated wolves as much as wolves hated their kind—but she did not tolerate harm to her comrades, either.

While her posture was confident and untroubled, the small she-yote was actually quite tense as the large arctic wolf stared at her. She made quick note of his damaged eye, and judging from the age of it and the rest of him decided he would be used to protecting that side, compensating for his weakness. Perhaps if she attacked him without going for the obvious target, she could catch him off guard—but no. She ended the thoughts there, even if they weren’t entirely harmful; she could easily scuffle with another canine for fun without killing them. If it did come to a fight, however, she knew it would have far more serious consequences than a sparring match, and she did not want to jeopardize the relationship she’d cultivated with New Dawn. The two groups were distrustful of each other as it was.

The white male spoke predictable words, and she had to fight off a smirk. Every wolf immediately took the skulls as a personal affront, and while it was nice to see a species band together, it was pathetic as well. Unless the wolf meant his actual blood brothers were hanging on a stake, he was foolish and unoriginal for pointing out what he did.

Vesper drew herself up slightly more (as much as a small, lupus-formed coywolf could) and grinned openly at him. There was a touch of derision in her eyes, but not outright hate, and she spoke in an oddly good-natured (if rather sarcastic) tone. “I assume that your brothers are trespassers, murderers, and rapists then?” she challenged him. “If so, I have no pity for them, you’ll have to understand.”

She shook her head and grinned again. “Actually, good wolf, if you were to walk around the borders and study the skulls, you’ll notice there are even some coyotes to break up the monotony. Or, at least one—a pup-killer. Oh, and a pretty elk skull somewhere—but I guess that sorry beast didn’t deserve it.” She shrugged her shoulders. “We’re so barbaric.”

Word Count → 458

Aw, yours was fine. This one mostly consists of Vesper making fun of him. xD

[/html]

Messages In This Thread