i'll trip back to you
[html]ooc: no worries <3 have a rare insta-reply by Rosie right back atcha

After the mini-tirade, Shandom couldn't help but feel slightly guilty, and it showed briefly in his mismatched and half useless eyes. He didn't know this pack, and didn't know their customs; wasn't that why he moved to New Dawn, at the end of it all? To get back to his roots, and live as it felt natural for him? Essentially, that was exactly what the coyotes were doing. It was true that Shandom didn't agree with their lifestyle, or their choices, or their choice of decor, but he also didn't know the stories surrounding any of the skulls. Nor did he know this woman in front of him, whom he'd just berated almost entirely unnecessarily. Shandom was a quick tempered man, but his mistakes had taught him to be quiet when he was wrong. And so when this woman opened her mouth to speak, her words softer than before, he listened.

Some of the things he wasn't sure about. Shandom could not deny his doubt that this group of coyotes behaved anything like a pack - it was impossible, after all, for them to mimic the true nature and hierarchy of a pack of wolves. Hell, it seemed like in today's day and age it was impossible for wolves themselves to do that. He thought briefly back on his time at the Court and nearly shuddered. How could he have been so stupid so as to join a place like that, where wolves walked on two legs all the time and dressed like humans? At least this coyote stood on four legs, and he liked it that way. Additionally, she hadn't tried to kill him. Shandom quite liked that, because fighting women - and defeating them - was never on his list of things to do.

He sighed, and let silence linger in the air after the stranger told him that he should go if he couldn't be more tolerant. Shandom knew his weaknesses, and knew that he'd lost his cool too quickly, and so the Gamma sent her a slightly embarassed smile. I'm sorry. You're right, he sighed, shaking his head and looking at a point on the horizon slightly beyond her shoulder. I don't know your clan, and I jumped to hasty conclusions. I've simply never encountered a friendly place that decorates its skulls with borders. I'm... I'm sorry for the war you've recently gone through at the hands of my kind.

It had been a long time simce he experienced war, but Shandom knew that it left scars on both the collective and individual conscience. He would not pretend to know this woman's story, nor would he bring it up; regardless, he could not help but want to apologize on behalf of his race. But that felt cheesy, and forced - for a moment, he was not sure what to say. In place of adequate conversation, the Gamma instead offered his name. I'm Shandom Qi'Vaex, of New Dawn. I'm sorry for the way I came across your borders. It was... rude, and unbecoming of me.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread