First Impressions
[html]

Big Grin

Itzal could understand the need to control emotions. He had working to control his since Eztli had taken over the first time and gone on a murdering spree against anyone he could find. Ever since Itzal got control back he had forced himself to keep his emotions down so Eztli wouldn't be able to use them against him. Itzal was pretty good at it but he had a hard time sometimes. Anger wasn't hard, unless Itzal was provoked unexpectedly, like when Axelle shot a crossbow bolt by his head. Itzal could handle anger mostly but the real emotion he had trouble with was happiness and love. All the times he felt close to someone and started to love them, Eztli got to close to taking over.

It wasn't that Itzal was worried about Eztli hurting his loved ones, he wouldn't do that and risk Itzal getting control back. It was the fact that Eztli would hurt others, like Harvey here, and Itzal wouldn't be able to do anything about it. So that was why he had to be sure he had control over his emotions.

He looked around Halifax and smiled as Harvey mentioned fancying it and Itzal couldn't help but nod, "Yeah, Halifax is a hell of a place. I came here cause I had some good memories here. Plus chances are you can always find some place to stay in some of the buildings around here. So, it is the best place to stay if you are in town and without a pack. Itzal said looking around and remembering the times he had roamed the run down city.

Itzal laughed when Harvey mentioned finding the right pack, but it was a hollow laugh, "Just be careful where you go. I would suggest staying away from Inferni if I was you. You don't look like you have enough coyote in you. But I guess only you can decide which pack is right for you. Even I still don't know. And I've been in two already." This time Itzal did laugh for real, shaking his head some at himself. He couldn't give much advice.

Itzal looked at Harvey as he mentioned just wanting to be able to toss his troubles away. Itzal didn't say anything, he just looked at Harvey for a few seconds. Itzal knew that there was more below the surface, maybe it was his instincts, maybe just personal experience, but he knew there was. But Harvey had tried to get away from his past and Itzal didn't want to bring it back for him. So instead he just nodded and smiled, "Nice to be able to put it all behind you right? I guess that is what I'm trying for here." But the difference between Itzal and Harvey is that Itzal's troubled life followed him everyday and every night.

Itzal stopped when Harvey mentioned the same thing had happened to him. That is when Itzal remembered the night Rio had taken him home, she had mentioned that one of the people staying with her name was Harvey. Itzal looked at Harvey and smiled "Wait, you are staying with Rio aren't you? She mentioned a nice guy named Harvey staying with her. That is you isn't it? Itzal asked, grinning like a fool for making the connection. So he just sat there grinning like a fool and waiting for Harvey to confirm what he already knew.

<style>
.spiderit {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; background-image:url(http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6/86912222.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:0px 0px 150px 0px; border-bottom:0px solid #000000;width:400px;}
.spiderit .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:justify; }
.spiderit .divider {border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; margin:5px auto; width:100%;}
.spiderit .oc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.spiderit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.spiderit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread