First Impressions
[html]

((511)) ouo

Harvey

Emotional control was linked directly to ego for the red merle aussie dog. He wanted to be the epitome of a male; Harvey would strive to be a provider, somebody who was feared, able to protect, but also somebody to turn to when one felt weak and helpless. Showing fear himself was embarrassing to the Brit, and to be seen as needy or defenseless made him sick. Due to these high expectations for himself, Harv had to make sure he kept control of his feelings, not only to show that he was capable of doing so, but to also keep the more connotatively negative ones from erupting, and ruining his self image.

He was free to feel anger, but not in a way that he lost control, as he had in the past. He'd been a violent, aggressive brute, a mindless animal...

Love was acceptable, but being blind by it was not. Sadness was not to be shown, because he was a strong one, and would portray himself as such.

He could also be happy. Mirth was typically an appreciated emotion with a tendency to better one's reputation and attention, so it was quite alright with the bi-coloured luperci.

Well, 'opefully I'll be able t' make some good memories for meself 'ere. Harvey smiled, Tha' it is. Well stocked in items and plenty of 'ouses t' browse through. Even if ya can't find one in shape enough t' live in, ya can at least stop for a quick rest wif'out feelin' t' exposed.

It was strange to the Australian shepherd to hear the other laugh, because he seemed such a serious and to-the-point sort of fellow, but it wasn't anything he found displeasing. If anything, Harvey was comforted by the realization that this bloke could actually joke around as well.

Inferni, ya said? Nah, maet, no coyote blood for me. Pure Aussie Shepherd. He smiled, I'm askin' 'round still, gettin' a feel for each. Gettin' t' know some members, get some information and the like, I am.

A heavy sigh of relief was exhaled when the subject of his past was so easily dropped. He didn't care how obvious his tenseness on the topic was, he didn't want to talk about it, and was more than appreciative that he wasn't going to be questioned further, at least for now. Right ya are, mate. It may not be the best fin', t' run away from me problems, but it's workin' so far, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it, I says. The British canine nodded.

Rio, yes! Harvey grinned, Tha's 'er name, it is. Ya now 'er then, I'd assume? Hm. Well, then, I would 'ave t' say I am the "nice guy named Harvey" she'd be talkin' 'bout. The named amused him. It pleased him to know he was talked about positively by the female that had allowed him to live in her home. So, she must of let ya stay wif 'er as well, hm? Guess tha'd make us sort of roommates, wouldn't it! The red merle luperci laughed.

<style>
.Harvey-London p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.Harvey-London b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.Harvey-London-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.Harvey-London-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#1C0A00 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Harvey-London-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/qqGuh.jpg); height:193px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.Harvey-London-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.Harvey-London {background-color:#9B520D; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
Coding by Sie
[/html]

Messages In This Thread